Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Nikon System Bag

Just wondering if any of you guys/gals use the Nikon System Bag with your dslr...haven't seen them *in person* and just curious.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's not bad; however, I prefer a bag like the Nova4AW from Lowepro. More spacious, all weather cover, and a much nicer strap.

I was able to fit a D70 with the kit lens and a 70-300 lens into the bag, with the charger and cables. It wouldnt work if you had more than one add on lens, however.

I have my F80 w/ MB16, 50mm lens (on camera), 85mmlens, SB600 flash, charger for AA NiMh's, various manuals and filters, and 4-6 rolls of film in my Nova 4 in a given day, w/o problem. I can also reconfigure it to carry my Twin Lens Reflex 120 camera instead of the SB600 and the charger in the above setup.

So: Nikon bag=good day trip bag for DSLR and on extra lens. Not so good if you have a lot of kit you want to pack around

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nwpoland
    Just wondering if any of you guys/gals use the Nikon System Bag with your dslr...haven't seen them *in person* and just curious.

Thanks
    Warin is right in that Lowepro "get's it" as far as design. For day trips (and actually for all trips) I use a Lowepro TLZ Mini, which will carry my D70 with Sigma 18-125 (also works with 18-200 and kit lenses). The outside zippered pouch also holds 4-6 CF cards, a spare battery, emergency CR2 battery pack, IR remote, and TV video cable (for on-the-fly slide shows). 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.8 reside in a fanny pack (when needed). SB800 flash resides in it's own belt pack attached to my belt.

Since this is a well padded and zippered Top Loader the camera/lens is very well protected and very easy to get in and out. $24 at Ritz/Wolf and other places.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Funny enough I think I am about decision'd out after shopping for camera, lens, flash options, memory deals, rechargeable battery options...maybe that's it. The other day I realized I was going to need a camera bag and when I saw all the options I about threw in the towel!

I'll soon have a d50 with sigma 18-200, along with a sb-600. I'm looking for a somewhat compact case that will at the same time protect the equipment and have room for things like extra Li-ion and set of spare AAs for flash.

Is it absurd to ask for bag recommendations based on that info? I guess why not learn off of other peoples' trial-and-error...and subsequent opinions?

Thanks for the LowePro comments...I'm almost positive they carry that brand in stores here (Poznan, Poland).

I would be surprised if you could not find a Lowepro dealer, even in Poland.

I would look for something in the Nova range for that gear. I like the Nova 4, but some find it a little big. I also have a Toploader 75AW, and while it is long, I can jam most of my gear into it, and it has some sliplock attachment points on the outside for more lens cases, a bottle bag, etc.

Here is the contact info for the Lowepro distributor in Poland:

F-System Sp. z o.o. Tel: 48(22)858 25 10 w 111
    ul. Zygmunta Vogla 2 A Fax: 48(22)858 22 16
    02-963 Warszawa Email: lowepro@fsystem.com.pl
    Poland Web: www.fsystem.com.pl

I hope that helps. I would suggest contacting them for a local retailer, and then going in and taking a look at what they carry!

That's great help Warin...thanks for coming up with those links! I've found that there are several places in town with a good selection. When I get the camera (ugh...can't hardly wait) this choice will definitely be easier.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nwpoland

Thanks
    I've found that thieves who can't even spell the word Jail, recognize the Nikon name. A Nikon system bag may become a neon sign, blinking off and on, saying "Take Me! Take Me!" It's better to own the equipment, and let everyone else think you're carrying dirty laundry

Best Wishes with your new camera!
    - Kenyada
    In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap
    Nikon D70 w/18-70mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro II | SB800 | SC29 Cord | ML-L3 Remote | Canon iP5000/i9900 Printers | Feisol CM1401 cf Mo'pod/Manfrotto 3229 Head

Talking Crumpler "long schlong" Photo Bag

Hate the name (ok, I have laughed several times...but don't want to have to tell anyone on the street what it's called) but ended up going a completely different direction after seeing these Crumpler photo bags at KaDeWe in Berlin. They are beautiful, well-designed, and the one I have will be perfect to carry my: D50 w/18-200 Sigma, SB-600, Canon Zr-60 video cam, and accessories (batteries, tapes, memory cards, etc).

I probably won't have extra lenses for some time...but when that happens I'll have room to expand -- just kick the camcorder out and go "all still".

Check these bags out...the one I have has a "hidden compartment" below the main compartment. You gotta admit that's pretty cool!

http://crumplereurope.com/ (at first you might think the site is wrong...they guys are definitely freaks).