Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: S2 Manual

S2 Manual

Somewhere on the tail end of my big trip over the summer, I lost the manual to my S2. I did download the copy Canon has available, but I don't really want to print out 182 pages of it. On eBay I noticed S2 "CheatSheets" that are supposed to cover most of the important detail, and look easier to carry around. Has anyone had experience with these? Or any other type of condensed manual type information that's available?

Thanks

How can you be sure that Cheatsheet covers what most important to you? Wouldn't it be better to download the whole manual and print just the sections you need?
    It really doesn't seem to make sense to me, why spend money on some cheatsheet on ebay when you can have the manual in PDF format for free, and with this PDF booklet and can leave it on your computer and can print whatever pages you want.
    Last edited by tim11; 08-22-2005 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim11
    How can you be sure that Cheatsheet covers what most important to you? Wouldn't it be better to download the whole manual and print just the sections you need?
    It really doesn't seem to make sense to me, why spend money on some cheatsheet on ebay when you can have the manual in PDF format for free, and with this PDF booklet and can leave it on your computer and can print whatever pages you want.
    I echo what tim11 said. I could hardly read the small print in the manual. Downloaded the pdf file and printed each page at 8x10. I should have used the back of pages by printing every other page at the start, flipping paper over and continuing. But I haven't regretted printing the 184+ pages.
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

How were you able to increase the size? I can only print onto 8.5 x 11, but the size of the printout is the size of the manual, so a lot of the page is wasted anyway. I also get a "copy" stamped on the background.

I e-mailed Canon and you can order a manual as noted below. They didn't tell me the price thou. Good luck!

You may order a PowerShot S2 IS manual by calling
    the Canon Sales
    Department toll-free during regular business
    hours (currently
    Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m. ET, excluding
    holidays) at
    1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk700
    How were you able to increase the size? I can only print onto 8.5 x 11, but the size of the printout is the size of the manual, so a lot of the page is wasted anyway. I also get a "copy" stamped on the background.
    When I clicked on Print, one of the options of my HP Printer is "Fit to Paper". Not sure this is HP specific or whether the Adobe Reader provided it - but it worked. The 'copy' is there but doesn't seem to interfere with the print, especially at 8x10.
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

In ACROBAT READER you can select PRINT CURRENT to print just the page that's being displayed on the screen. You can print FIT TO PAPER on any printer.
    COPY watermark is a small price to pay compared to what you might get with that suspicious CHEAT SHEET from ebay. You maybe the one that gets cheated. If you feel you have to spend money I suggest you make a donation to Digital Camera Resource Page website.