Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the Nikon d70s or the Canon Rebel XT?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • d70s

19 51.35%
  • Rebel XT

18 48.65%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nikon d70s or Canon Rebel XT Poll!

Just out of curiousity, I'm starting this poll, asking people whether they would/do prefer the Nikon d70s or Canon Rebel XT over one another.

PLEASE STATE WHY YOU CHOSE YOUR CHOICE

EDIT: THIS IS NOT A PREFERENCE OF COMPANIES!!
    Last edited by jcw122; 08-19-2005 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw122
    Just out of curiousity, I'm starting this poll, asking people whether they would/do prefer the Nikon d70s or Canon Rebel XT over one another.

PLEASE STATE WHY YOU CHOSE YOUR CHOICE

EDIT: opps, forgot to make the poll...umm...moderators if you can add one please? 1-Canon Rebel XT 2-Nikon d70s
    Nope. Been there done that. Doesn't need to be restated. Serves no purpose. People like Canon... people like Nikon... people like Pentax...People like Olympus... people like Konica Minolta... and people start surveys.

Try being in one of the 5 ownership groups and enjoy photography, instead of taking meaningless surveys.
    Last edited by D70FAN; 08-19-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    I prefer Canon for digital AF and Nikon for flm MF.

If this is about personal preference then I'm going for the Nikon. Electronically they're both capable cameras - but I prefer the Nikons size and weight.

And will I criticise a Canon owner for picking Canon? hell no. I will not be drawn into the same tired sort of debate as happened with the ATI / nVidia graphics card war.

Quote Originally Posted by George Riehm
    People like Olympus (???)...
    i have an olympus and i loooooooove it.

but i'm too scared to state that here because i'll get butchered by all the canikon lovers here.

"OMG OLYMPUS HIGH ISO SUXXXXXX!!!one11!!"
    "OMG OLYMPUS FOURTHIRDS HAS ALMOST NO LENSES IN ITS LINEUP!! I MEAN WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT A 27.391mm F2.362907 PRIME LENS?!?"
    "OMG OLYMPUS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW COMPARE TO 1D MarkII!!"
    "OMG OLYMPUS LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF CRAP WITH A PIECE SHAVED OFF THE TOP!!! SO UGLY!!"

and i could care less!

just messing of course

Umm...wtf?

First off, I refuse to be a photographer who shuns other companies, thats just ridiculous, very childish.

Second, I wasn't even asking for a company preferance, I was asking for individual preferences for which CAMERA they would like to have better, not which COMPANYs camera......

Obviously you people are not about the technology, more about the company. Well grow up, corporations like Nikon, Canon, who ever, DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU INDIVIDUALLY, THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR $$$. So stop feeling so special.

I'm honestly disappointed here.
    Last edited by jcw122; 08-19-2005 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrForgetable
    i have an olympus and i loooooooove it.

but i'm too scared to state that here because i'll get butchered by all the canikon lovers here.

"OMG OLYMPUS HIGH ISO SUXXXXXX!!!one11!!"
    "OMG OLYMPUS FOURTHIRDS HAS ALMOST NO LENSES IN ITS LINEUP!! I MEAN WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT A 27.391mm F2.362907 PRIME LENS?!?"
    "OMG OLYMPUS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW COMPARE TO 1D MarkII!!"
    "OMG OLYMPUS LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF CRAP WITH A PIECE SHAVED OFF THE TOP!!! SO UGLY!!"

and i could care less!

just messing of course
    Yeah. Sorry you took offense. I'm not a big fan of the E-300 and have a tough time understanding the rationale behind the design, but that's just me.

The (???) may have been a little crass, so I have edited it out.

Glad you like the Oly.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

Umm...wtf?

First off, I refuse to be a photographer who shuns other companies, thats just ridiculous, very childish.

Second, I wasn't even asking for a company preferance, I was asking for individual preferences for which CAMERA they would like to have better, not which COMPANYs camera......

Obviously you people are not about the technology, more about the company. Well grow up, corporations like Nikon, Canon, who ever, DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU INDIVIDUALLY, THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR $$$. So stop feeling so special.

I'm honestly disappointed here.
    Sorry for your disappointment.

I have come to dislike poles, concerning Canon vs. Nikon, as it has a tendacy to polerize, leading to disagreements, which seem to grow to insults. And while this one may have started with the best of intentions there really is nothing to be gained.
    Ha! See, I can change...

Sorry for your disappointment.

I have come to dislike poles, concerning Canon vs. Nikon, as it has a tendacy to polerize, leading to disagreements, which seem to grow to insults. And while this one may have started with the best of intentions there really is nothing to be gained.

Thank you very much for the explanation George, no more disappointment in you now from me. Ur explanation of why u don't like polls makes alot of sense.

Yeah. Sorry you took offense. I'm not a big fan of the E-300 and have a tough time understanding the rationale behind the design, but that's just me.

The (???) may have been a little crass, so I have edited it out.

Glad you like the Oly.
    it's perfectly fine. i was just messing around.

a lot of people aren't fans of the E-300 looks, but i think it is a very "functional-ugly". i find that my nose doesn't get "smushed" by the LCD when looking at the viewfinder and is much easier keeping the other eye on the subject when shooting something more dangerous such as motor racing or dangerous animals.

the high ISO "problem" exists though. but if i expose it nicely, i find the photos are easy to fix and clean up in PP, especially when i shoot RAW. and if for some reason the photo is way underexposed and there is too much noise, i can always make it a B+W and make the noise look like i added it on there on purpose