Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Cool Please broaden my choice!

Hello,
    I am looking for a camera that is good for travelling (not too big) and good for taking pictures of buildings. It will be my first digital camera and picture quality is important.
    I looked at the canon range (S60 & A95) because of the manual controls - i am little concerned with the A95 noise and purple fringe, but like the swivel display. the S60 does not have AA batteries and the wide angle goes no further then 28mm where the A95 has a superb 26mm adapter....
    But then I might be missing a trick here - any suggestions for other models/makes to look at?

I'm in the same boat as you are: looking for good travel cam, my first too. I have been doing alot of research on it and have struggled between compact or ultra zoom. I am still looking, but I think my choices are narrowed down to panasonic FZ3 or one of the new canon powershots that are coming out soon. I know thats not a huge help but its at least a few models to consider. It depends alot on what you want to do with it. I would think the FZ3 might be a good choice for you if you want a little more control (it's getting great praise). good luck with the decision.

Hi

Why dont you consider Kodak's DX 6490, if fulfills many needs, ultra zoom, compact size, great colors in output with sharp/crisp photos. Plus you have some extras like rechargable Li-ion battery, 2.2" large LCD etc. I have it and it is fantastic.

appetizing

hmm, the FZ3 looks very exciting - does it have a thread to put a wide angle converter in front? that is essential for me??
    the DX6490 looks quite large on the kodak site, Atindra, does it have a thread for more wide angle??the kodak webpage says you can have a wideangle lens, the review on this site says no
    I will go down the shops an check those out - thanks for tip!
    other suggestions welcome!