Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

folders 100 CANON...etc disappeared

I have a Canon A 510 and have noticed folders 100 CANON, 101 CANON...104 CANON have disappeared from the memory card when I remove pix from card inserted in my PC's media center.

Tried new memory card to no avail.

Have re-formated card in camera again to no avail.

Any idea what is causing this and is it critical, as the camera is only a couple of mo old?

Thanks,

Herb

Not sure as to the value of the folder numbering. I decided that after every 100 shots (or some number) the camera makes a new folder. If I MOVE my pic's from card using a card reader, even though the pic's are erased the folder number is still there. I often Format the card just to get rid of the empty folders. It has had no effect on the camera's continuing to number folders in sequence...it'll pick up where left off even if the card is blank. Or that is how it is on my S2.
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

Folder numbering

Thanks, I know what you are saying, the folders hold 100 pix (with some exceptions) and I have taken about 400 pix. Ill have to take note of the pix # & the disappearance of the respective folder.

I double checked the A510 manual and nothing was said about the folders disappearing. However there are 2 methods by which you can number (identify) your pix.

One never repeats so you can easily copy/store them on your PC and the other starts at 100 each time. I use the first method, so what you say sounds plausable.

Thanks,

Herb