Hi everybody, I'm glad I found your forum! I searched the boards to see if this topic had already been covered, but couldn't find any information.

I have been using my boyfriend's Casio Exilim 3.2 Mega Pixel digital camera for a little over a year, but decided that I enjoy photography so much that I wanted a camera of my own.

A week ago I bought a Kodak EasyShare Z7590 camera, read the manual (can you believe it?) and started shooting. I am having a lot of trouble with the "auto focus" feature. The camera determines what part of the image to focus on, and this is not always the part of the image that I *want* to focus on. Sometimes the bars around the focused area turn green (supposedly to indicate that the image is focused) but the image is entirely blurry and looks terrible.

I guess what I need to know is if there is a way to override the "auto focus" or to trick it into doing what I want it to do. It is incredibly frustrating to see a shot I want to take and not be able to get my camera to take it!

Any advice or tips? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.