Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fuji S9000 New Samples (even full size ISO 800 & 1600)

Here are some samples from the Fujifilm S9000.

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/ca...ge.php&flash=7

The picnic basket shot is stunning. The ISO 200 shot of the girl looks good as well. Yes, the ISO 800 shot is noisier then F10, but I still think it is usable and less noisy then many ISO 400 P&S cameras. What do you'all think?

So far, I love this camera, Features & Images look good to me! ( So far, the only P&S I really liked was the Canon G6, now I like this one as well ).

Not to rain down on Fuji, but I'm not impressed by the ISO 800 and 1600 shots. There are these very weird artifacts going on that destroy the details. The picture is still perfectly usable when downsized for small prints or for the web, but 100% crops are out of the question. This is unfortunately a step back for Fuji. They really should have not jumped the MP bandwagon and ruined their chance at delivering a smashing product.

I will still hope to see better samples in official reviews, but these preliminary photos already show a lot.

The 800 shot printed

Hello All,

I printed out several of the samples.

I am extremely impressed. The 800 shot is excellent.

When viewing the 800 shot please remember the color temperature of the lights smooths detail almost as much as any in camera noise reduction.

I'm not waiting, I'm buying the S9000. Soon to be Former F-828 user.

Regards, Nicholas

I also printed a couple (looking for such a camera recommendation for a friend).

Not bad at all; but not nearly as good ISO performance as most DSLR's. And this is the top quality achievable to be sure (proper tripod, exact lighting, top professional protographer, ideal color and photo composition, factory tuned prototype, etc). I would expect the every day hand-held user to get less than this, making this just another on the pile of same-o-same-o. Now, if they had IS ...
    Canon 20D
    Canon Lenses 135L f2.0, 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm kit
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Sigma 70-300 f4 - 5.6 APO DG
    Other 580EX flash, Expodisc, carbon fiber monopod

Did any of you by any chance print the ISO 800 shot? If so, how big did you print it? Did you like it?

I am curious how ISO 800 shot would look at 8x10. I am just too lazy to print it myself .

Having examined the samples of S9000 at ISO 1600 and Rebel XT at 1600, both at full resolution, the winner is clear. Well, it was going to be clear anyway, but the difference is quite significant.

Each offers different advantages. I love using LCD to compose images which is not available with XT. On the other hand, the low light performance of XT is ahead of S9000 by a large margin. (Yes, I absolutely reviewed the available full-resolution images from both in detail0.

decisions, decisions... Argh.

Broad Statements are pre-mature

Hello All,

Was that a $1,600 'L' lens on the 1600 XT image?

I would like to see a series of ISO images of a bride & groom in a church.

We have alot to explore with the S9000.

IS will not prevent Subject Movement, and would only delay the shutter lag.

It seems Fuji has read the many forums on the web and created a camera that addresses many of the concerns photographers have about their camera's functioning and image quality.

The Specs of the S9000 cover almost all of my needs, and miss the mark regarding a 7 second flash re-cycle time (I hope this was a typo),
    no announced write time for RAW image capture, unable to copy from one card to the other in camera,etc.

In life, timimg is everything. With the Specs of the S9000, I am willing to get one and start taking better images than I am now with my F-828.
    To wait on the sidelines for the 'Ideal' will cause me to miss too many photographic moments.

All IMHO,

Regards, Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by Rex914
    Not to rain down on Fuji, but I'm not impressed by the ISO 800 and 1600 shots. There are these very weird artifacts going on that destroy the details. The picture is still perfectly usable when downsized for small prints or for the web, but 100% crops are out of the question. This is unfortunately a step back for Fuji. They really should have not jumped the MP bandwagon and ruined their chance at delivering a smashing product.

I will still hope to see better samples in official reviews, but these preliminary photos already show a lot.
    I have to agree. Those artifacts would not be acceptable to me. That's ridiculous even at ISO 80. They look best as thumbnails.
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by cdi-buy.com
    I have to agree. Those artifacts would not be acceptable to me. That's ridiculous even at ISO 80. They look best as thumbnails.
    Gotta agree regarding ISO 800 and 1600. Can't imagine them useful as anything but thumbnails. A lot of consumers would be happy with the ISO 80 shots, that is if they can get them same as the professional with tripod who took those. If they chose to publish those shots, then you would expect that to be their best.

I don't see the debate on this one. Its an average P&S with long zoom that lacks IS, complete with crappy low light performance. If it doesn't suffer from bad shutter lag, my elderly mother would be happy to use this for travel shots, but I would leave it at home.

To me, the samples look good. The ISO 200 shot of the purple flower is quite amazing as well (on Fuji Japan site). The closeup shots of the model (black dress green background) had good details captured, I can even see individual strands of hair. The fishing pole shot on Fuji Japan had some really good details captured (especially on the circular metal part) as well.

Most P&S cams don't even shoot at ISO 800 (some even get really noisy at only ISO 200 ) but this one does shoot at ISO 800 and I think it does a decent job.
    Last edited by zero; 08-16-2005 at 11:38 AM.