Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best online camera dealer?

Looking for general concensus - which offer best price, delivery, and service.

I've been happy using BHphotovideo.com , Ritzcamera.com , and newegg.com ( although newegg is not limited to cameras )

I find it pleasant dealing with B&H since I live quite close to the actual store, but their online site is just as expansive as the store itself. I've heard some bad things about the quality of their packaging, though I've never gotten anything from them beat up.

I've bought things from Ritz and used their 'we replace it no matter what ' warranty nice, worked lovely. However, it was a brick and mortar store, not online

I'll second the NewEgg and throw in Adorama. Though I've never bought a camera from NewEgg, I've purchased tons of computer parts and their combination of price and service are second to none. Their shipping is lightning fast as well. I have also done business with Adorama. I recommend finding what you want on their site, then giving them a call. I recently called to ask a question about an item on the site, mentioning that I was shopping around, and the salesman knocked 10% off the price on the spot (and without me asking). Fast delivery as well.
    www.jamisonwexler.com

Canon 5dII|Canon 5D|Canon 40D|Sigma 15 f2.8|Canon 35 f1.4|Canon 50 f2.5|Canon 50 f1.8|Canon 85 f1.2|Canon 17-40 f4|Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS|Canon 24-105 f4 IS|Canon 28-105 f3.5-4.5|Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS|Canon 75-300 f4-5.6 IS|Kenko 1.4x TC|Canon 580ex X3|Canon 380exII |Canon 420ex|Sunpak 383 x4|Sunpak 120j x2|Sunpak 622|Elinchrom Skyports

Past Gear

Add normancamera.com, my hometown store, to the list. They're great, though their prices can sometimes be a bit high.

Jake

Site: Starflower Studios
    Camera: Fuji S602
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    God is Dead.
    --Nietzsche, 1882

Nietzsche is Dead.
    --God, 1900

Nietzsche and God both died on a hill in South Viet Nam, January 1967.
    --Bryant Wetzel, 2004

Did use adorama ages ago and they were great, but not sure that the prices are the lowest. Recently used Butterfly Photo, which had one of the lower prices to be found, and had a real good experience. Even returned a lens filter I decided I didn't want with no hassle.

best on line dealer

I have used a site called Harmony Computers to buy about 7 different cameras and have had zero problems
    free ground shipping
    and generous return policy

http://www.shopharmony.com

A&M Photoworld

Does anyone have any experience with A&M Photoworld?
    http://www.amphotoworld.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Conner
    Add normancamera.com, my hometown store, to the list. They're great, though their prices can sometimes be a bit high.

Jake
    Hi Jake, Which store? I think they have a new store in Grand Rapids. I have bought 3 Nikons from NC. Great people. Try to keep the purchase of lenses and accessories local.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Be very afraid

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieG
    Does anyone have any experience with A&M Photoworld?
    http://www.amphotoworld.com/

Found this site from another thread and checked it out. This company has very bad reviews. Take a look for yourself.

Resellers Ratings...A&M photo world

woah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumora
    Found this site from another thread and checked it out. This company has very bad reviews. Take a look for yourself.

Resellers Ratings...A&M photo world
    Ha! I've never seen so many bad reviews!

Thanks for the link!