Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

How to get clear shots with Kodak DX6490

We purchased the Kodak DX6490 about 3 weeks ago and I can get pretty good shots with it, but my wife gets nothing but blurry shots. I have watched her and tried to help her, but she still gets only about 2 clean shots out of 20. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? It seems that the camera is constantly searching and even when you press the button half way down it takes a little while to set the focus.

Sounds to me like a little shake when the shutter is pressed in.

Just keep a steady grip and maybe up the ISO to 200 (in P mode to start with) to speed up the shutter, if in cloudy conditions don't fear ISO400 being too noisy/grainy as it worked wonders in this shot.

This was taken on a cloudy day using an Olympus TCON-17 teleconverter on the end of my 6490, (x17 zoom) using ISO400 to get a 1/350 sec shutter speed.

Keep trying and if I can help in any way, just ask.

All the Best.
    Paul.

Thanks

I'll try that with her. Wow what a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Hi

Hi Printmap,
    Camera has slower autofocus in low lights, with fading contrasts etc conditions. Your wife needs some practice. Holding camera still is one of the first and the most important thing. I too am learning that but my wife has really much more control over camera than me.