Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

ck9663 Guest

Help a Beginner Use the Super Macro Mode

Hi I am very new with Photography. I decided to get the PowerShot S2IS, since it's a kind of above beginner and below professional camera. My question is how to use the Super Macro Mode. I managed to press the button and saw the "S-inside the flower" symbol indicating I got it ON. Now, am trying to move the zoom and it's not moving. Does that mean I have to physically move myself closer to the subject? Coz with the Macro Mode, I can use the zoom to focus the subject closer. With Super Macro, nothing is working.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ck9663
    Hi I am very new with Photography. I decided to get the PowerShot S2IS, since it's a kind of above beginner and below professional camera. My question is how to use the Super Macro Mode. I managed to press the button and saw the "S-inside the flower" symbol indicating I got it ON. Now, am trying to move the zoom and it's not moving. Does that mean I have to physically move myself closer to the subject? Coz with the Macro Mode, I can use the zoom to focus the subject closer. With Super Macro, nothing is working.

Thanks guys
    Haven't used it, but book say, "...zoom is set to maximum wide-angle." Sounds like it is working properly.
    Bill, Pentax K100D, 18-55mm, 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by XOO
    Haven't used it, but book say, "...zoom is set to maximum wide-angle." Sounds like it is working properly.
    Hey Bill, you're right. I just updated the tip list to add this info...

If you wanted to zoom more so on the regular macro get a 500d lens and a LAH-DC20 adapter. It works when you cant go right up to the lens with your subject but gets you closer then the non super macro tele gives you.

The super-macro is only possible in the widest angle and there is No zoom option .
    The great thing about this camera's Super macro is that u can get as close as 0 c"m from the object - meaning u can actually touch it with your lens !( beware not to scratch the lens ! ).
    When using Macro mode ( and not Super Macro ) - you can zoom in and out as you wish but you've got to be at least 10 c"m from the object to allow focusing.
    Here is an example for each mode .
    Attached Images Attached Images