Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help Screen Black LS443

LCD is black no matter the state.
    There is an icon at the foot of the screen which doesnt appear in manual or web pages. It is a camera outline with a blacked in lens.
    Battery operating, memory stick presence makes no difference. Camera takes photos of black and wont recognize anything to download.
    Camera bought in Atlanta- but I live in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter S
    LCD is black no matter the state.
    There is an icon at the foot of the screen which doesnt appear in manual or web pages. It is a camera outline with a blacked in lens.
    Battery operating, memory stick presence makes no difference. Camera takes photos of black and wont recognize anything to download.
    Camera bought in Atlanta- but I live in Australia.
    Peter, try resetting the camera by removing the battery for 24 hours. I assume that the camera worked ok for some time before the black-out.

If the reset doesn't work then contact Kodak.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Still have the black screen on ls443

Finally able to reply. Unfortunately removing the battery for 24hrs had no effect. After keying in the date the same problem reappeared. I guess I'll have to throw myself to the mercy of the repairers.
    Thanks all the same
    Peter

Question Did you get it fixed?

I need repair also. Was just wondering if its worth it

Screen still black

I've followed all the advice given to no avail. Kodak want $A150 before they will repair it no matter what is wrong. I believe that it has to be software related as it went on to the camera dock and downloaded successfully and by morning it had crashed still on the dock. Someone must know of the problem, I need to find them>!!!! Cheers

Don't take any crap from Kodak

Peter,

I had problems with my Ls443 althought different than yours. My lens continued to get stuck. I had to RMA it TWICE!! So far the replacement they sent me is doing fine. Luckly mine was under warranty. I asume yours it not.
    Mine gave me an error code. When i called the techs and told them the code, they said i had to send it in. Im suprised you didn't receive an error code.
    Can you see anything else on the screen like the other modes or the picture review? If you can't see anything, it might not be a software problem, but a problem with the lens. Remember, if any harware fails, the camera will crash and shut off as did mine. I talked to many people and read many forums that stated that kodaks ls443's lens was defective!!

Dont take any crap from Kodak! Even though mine was under warranty, they gave me a had time. Thier techs are pretty good. have you called them? Also, ask to speak to a manger! If you have to give the manager that "I am a loyal customer of kodak, and if you are in the business of selling defective products i will take my business elsewere and tell everyone i know the same" speech. It worked for me! you have to be persistant with kodak. Don't take any crap!
    Hope this helps.

claudioc Guest

I have the same problem

Hi, today I have the same problem.

Could you repair the camera or you still have the problem?

Thanks for you help.

any solution to this problem

I've had my Kodak Ls433 going on 2 years now and all of a sudden last night I'm having this exact same problem. I've gone through all the settings and can't figure out what happend. It was working fine the night before. I can view pictures on the memory card, but new pictures are just black.

Help I need my camera!

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by SusanH
    I've had my Kodak Ls433 going on 2 years now and all of a sudden last night I'm having this exact same problem. I've gone through all the settings and can't figure out what happend. It was working fine the night before. I can view pictures on the memory card, but new pictures are just black.

Help I need my camera!

Susan
    Ah. Perfect timing. Just before the holidays. From reading those posts before you it looks like shipping the camera back to Kodak for repair ($150), or buying a replacement camera are your only choices. With the later being your only choice before Christmas.

A decent low cost (and better) replacement would be the 4MP Canon A85 for about $249. Actually the A75 (even though it is only 3.2 MegaPixels) would probably give you better results than the Ls443 for $179-$199.

Unfortunately, the A series uses CF memory cards instead of SD cards. The good news is that CF cards are fairly cheap (around $30 for 256MB) and it uses AA rechargable and (in a pinch) alkaline batteries. 4 2100mAh AA NiMH Batteries and a charger run about $30

Or, you could just buy another Kodak. After all they are the JD Powers Customer Satisfaction pick for digital cameras in the $200-$600 price range.

Sez-so right here:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...equestid=56550
    Last edited by D70FAN; 12-16-2004 at 10:04 AM.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Well I talked to Kodak and they are going to fix it for FREE. I just have to pay shipping. They also offered a upgrade to the LS743 for $125 plus shipping. I thought this was very nice of Kodak!