Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

roadtripper Guest

Canon Rebel XT Software Install

I am trying to install the software for the Canon Rebel XT onto my computer. In the instructions it states that "PC with one of the above OS preinstalled", "Upgraded machines not supported". Is this really true?? I upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 to support this software and now the installation with not complete. Does it really not support upgraded machines? How can this be, everything upgrades at some point, even the Canon software!

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtripper
    I am trying to install the software for the Canon Rebel XT onto my computer. In the instructions it states that "PC with one of the above OS preinstalled", "Upgraded machines not supported". Is this really true?? I upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 to support this software and now the installation with not complete. Does it really not support upgraded machines? How can this be, everything upgrades at some point, even the Canon software!
    Very interesting. I'm not really sure that there's a difference between an upgraded machine and one with the O/S fully installed.

Personally, until today I hadn't bothered installing the Canon software. Now that I have, I see no advantage in it. I shoot jpegs as standard. I really can't be bothered to faff about with non-standard files such as Canon's RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtripper
    That is really strange. Why would they care? I finally just bought the full versions of XP Pro, because I got tired of loading this then that then that to get the final that.

Cheers,
    Eric

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by erichlund
    That is really strange. Why would they care? I finally just bought the full versions of XP Pro, because I got tired of loading this then that then that to get the final that.

Cheers,
    Eric
    Unless the software is using a really obscure part of Windows code then it makes no difference. It's also bad coding practice.