Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

sanyo 2500 ma nimh cells.

Hello,
    Since the market here is flooded with fake batteries<mostly from China>,i shall appreciate anyones comments on the originality of it.
    I have recently purchased some Sanyo superlattice alloy 2500 nimh, aa size,cells in blister pack,no. HR-3U-2BP-2500.They seem to be quite well made
    and they work alright,.but there is one peculiar thing about them.On the bottom of each cell,the words 'HR' are stamped< on the metal negative teminal>.Can somebody confirm having the same on their"s too.
    thanks.
    maqsood.

Chari2k2 Guest

Yes they are original

Hi Maqsood

I bought HR-3U-2BP-2100 a year ago with a sanyo quick charger.They are excellent batteries. And they too have HR on the bottom. On one charge a set of 4 batteries gives me around 600 photos without flash on my FujiFilm FinePix s3000 camera. And with flash half the time , I get around 350-450 photos.

I am planning to buy another set ,as spare batteries(2500mAH). I have searched the net for genuine Sanyo batteries and found this link.

http://www.energy.sanyo.com.sg/index01.asp#

See the pictures of batteries on this site , and check with the local ones for their originality.

Regards
    Chari (Sriram)
    From India

Quote Originally Posted by Maqsood mehal
    Hello,
    Since the market here is flooded with fake batteries<mostly from China>,i shall appreciate anyones comments on the originality of it.
    I have recently purchased some Sanyo superlattice alloy 2500 nimh, aa size,cells in blister pack,no. HR-3U-2BP-2500.They seem to be quite well made
    and they work alright,.but there is one peculiar thing about them.On the bottom of each cell,the words 'HR' are stamped< on the metal negative teminal>.Can somebody confirm having the same on their"s too.
    thanks.
    maqsood.
    I have a set of Sanyo 2500mah, but "HR" is NOT stamped on the bottom. The HR is in the model number. I bought mine at BatteryBob.com at
    http://batterybob.com/product.asp?intProdID=552502
    It's a reliable website for all types of batteries, but most often I use Thomas Distributing for battery purchases.
    - Kenyada
    In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap
    Nikon D70 w/18-70mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro II | SB800 | SC29 Cord | ML-L3 Remote | Canon iP5000/i9900 Printers | Feisol CM1401 cf Mo'pod/Manfrotto 3229 Head

Ive havent had any problem with these batteries. I found a supplier in the uk who seem to be very cheap.
    Digiprintuk.com

yokolok Guest

Sanyo nimh 2500 mah

For a few of us in the Philippines, our experience has been terrible with this particular battery. It drains quite fast, a whole lot faster than the 2100mah! Just to give you an example - i have 2 motorola FRS radios that use 3 AA's each...after a full charge, it starts to beep that level is low after 3 days...and it is not left on. It is used a maximum of 5 minutes 2 times a day...

By the way, based on the earlier posts, mine do have the "HR" mark on the bottom...

Needless to say we are very very disappointed with it.

best,
    john