Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Easier way to learn the S2

Not sure if this would be considered a "tip" or not, but for some of us the manual is difficult to read and learn the more advanced features. For those who learn well from pictures, Canon has a great section on their website that goes into detail on how to use this camera, including animated gif files to show exactly where and how on the camera. Go to
    http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss2is/101-e.html
    and just keep following the links to get into more advanced features.

Quote Originally Posted by gingersrus
    Not sure if this would be considered a "tip" or not, but for some of us the manual is difficult to read and learn the more advanced features. For those who learn well from pictures, Canon has a great section on their website that goes into detail on how to use this camera, including animated gif files to show exactly where and how on the camera. Go to
    http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/pss2is/101-e.html
    and just keep following the links to get into more advanced features.
    Wow! That is cool! What a great find. Thanks for posting this info! It a great tip!

May I have permission to move this info up into the tip page?

Just wanted to say thanks for the great tip Snowrdr about how to set the Owner Name in the EXIF data. That one's been driving me crazy! And thanks to JTL for compiling all these tips in one place! I love this site
    Canon PowerShot S2 IS
    www.alragom.com

For those who want to know if IS works with the camera vertical - a good way to find out may be by using your Tv as the viewfinder. If you do this and zoom in full on an object, then try to hold the camera as steady as you can with the IS on and then off you can clearly see difference. I haven't tried it vertical yet though.

not sure if this would constitute as a tip...but I didn't know about this and just found out the other day:

For those that want to add a few more minutes to their video (depending on vid quality chosen), you can adjust the sound quality to lowest in your settings which will give u a few more minutes of video.

Quote Originally Posted by macse
    not sure if this would constitute as a tip...but I didn't know about this and just found out the other day:

For those that want to add a few more minutes to their video (depending on vid quality chosen), you can adjust the sound quality to lowest in your settings which will give u a few more minutes of video.
    It's a good tip! I moved it to the first page...

Smile The perfect carry case for the S2

I found the perfect case for the S2 with a 52mm Lensmate Tube Adapter

It's a LowePro Rezo TLZ 10 ($24)

It's as compact as it can be around the camera profile so it's not too big to hang off the belt. The length is perfect for a permanently affixed Lensmate 52mm Tube adapter, UV filter and lens cap. The padded inside of the case fits perfectly around the profile of the camera body, so there's no slopping around inside. There's enough pockets for a spare set (and a half) of batteries, an SD Card or two or three, a polarizing 52mm filter and a lens cloth

The belt clip is a sturdy Velcro fastening so you don't have to strip to fit the case onto your belt. And it'll never come loose. Camera and pocket access is top loading via a hinging cover retained by a quick action snap clip.

PERFECT!

I use the Tube adapter so I have a good left hand hold to steady the camera and the telescoping lens mechanism can never be damaged. I can have a UV filter for protecting the camera lens. I can have a snap fit lens cap instead of the "pop off when you least want it" OE cap. Yes, the camera becomes more bulky to carry, but it's really small anyway for the huge specification, so I'm a happy chappy!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Camera portfolio - Canon S2, 1GB Sandisk, Nikon 995, Powershot A5 Zoom, EOS 650 (35mm), Zorki 4 (35mm), Brownie Box camera

I wonder whether this would be OK with a 58mm adapter and rubber collapsible lens hood.
    Canon 450D n00b, Kit EF-S 18-55mm IS, Canon EF 80
    -200mm, 430EX Speedlite (Incoming)
    Canon Powershot S2 IS (Now defunct)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrin/

What's the overall length with the hood?

Deadman,

Let me have the length from the back of the camera to the end of the hood and I can check the case. However, I can see a rubber hood getting folded over under the weight of the camera when it rests on the bottom of the case. Over time, that would be become permanent and may get in the way of the shot.
    Camera portfolio - Canon S2, 1GB Sandisk, Nikon 995, Powershot A5 Zoom, EOS 650 (35mm), Zorki 4 (35mm), Brownie Box camera

Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by adr58
    Deadman,

Let me have the length from the back of the camera to the end of the hood and I can check the case. However, I can see a rubber hood getting folded over under the weight of the camera when it rests on the bottom of the case. Over time, that would be become permanent and may get in the way of the shot.
    If you didn't collapse it back when putting it in the case!