New Panasonic FZ200
I feel like I have turned a complete circle. I think when I joined this forum I had just purchased a Panasonic FZ20...popular for its constant f/2.8 Aperture (although I didn't even know what that was at the time)
I then moved on to Canon DSLRs (400D / 50D / 5D).
Tonight I just purchased a Panasonic FZ200 which again, has a constant f/2.8 Aperture (and this time I know what that means). Not sure if anyone visits this section of the forum anymore but I will post some pics after taking it for a test drive for old times sake.
I started with an FZ20 too. It was and still is a great camera. I went the Olympus route with an E510 and have been quite tempted like you to go for an FZ200. However, I've gone a different way now as I've jumped for an E-M1. I'll still be very interested to hear how you get on though as the all-in-one solution is still very attractive.
This was purchased as a replacement for a Panasonic Travel Zoom that has an LCD display on the way out. Features I was looking for included :
* EVF as well as LCD Screen (after using a DSLR for so long I automatically hold every camera up to my eye...which can be embarrassing at times)
* Reasonable Zoom range for Holiday use
* High speed video (100fps / 200fps) which my Son wants to make use of
* Ability to use in Manual Mode
* f/2.8 throughout the Zoom Range (in this case a bonus feature I wasn't necessarily looking for)
So far, happy with the photos (as you would expect from Panasonic's flagship P&S) and very impressed with the high speed video feature.
Sample shot below showing you can even get reasonable Bokeh. This one at f/2.8