Which Camera Should I Buy?
Please here me finding my new camera. The following are my answers on the short questionnaire:
• Are you looking for a compact point & shoot camera, a DSLR, or something in between? (Or perhaps you haven't decided yet — that's okay!)
> Compact point and shoot.
• Is this your first camera? First ever, or first digital?
> No. I currently own Canon powershot sd630
• Are you interested in a high level of control, or would you prefer to let the camera do as much "thinking" as possible?
> Prefer to let the camera do much “thinking”.
• If you had to choose, would you prefer a more versatile (large "×") zoom lens, or top-notch image quality with no zoom at all?
> Something between.
• What size of camera do you want? To what degree would you be willing to sacrifice other features for compactness?
> I like to have it in small size (something close to my SD630). I would sacrifice around 20%-30% of features for compactness.
• What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
> Up to $375.00
• Do you plan to spend more on additional accessories now or in the future? (Lenses, lighting, tripods, batteries, memory cards, camera bags... it adds up!)
> If I like the camera, then of course I will spend more money on it.
• How long do you plan on keeping this new camera?
> 3 years.
• What will you generally use the camera for?
> I do travel a lot and I would like to have a camera that is compact (easy to carry) and take awesome pictures.
> Parties sometime (low light).
• Are you going to photograph sports? What sport, and from how far away?
> I didn’t yet, but maybe in the future. It’s not my major concern anyway.
• Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos, or other low-light photos?
• Will you make prints, or primarily view and share images on a computer screen? If you make prints, will they typically be small (up to 5×7") or medium sized (8×10"), or are you interested in larger sizes as well?
> I usually share them digitally (computer screen or TV screen). And if I print them, then I would like to have option to print them in any size.
• Are you interested in spending time post-processing to make an image "perfect", or would you prefer to use images basically straight from the camera?
> Straight form the camera.
• Are there particular lenses or technical features that are interesting or important to you?
Yes what important to me is:
1) I would like to see my picture fit my whole 1080P LCD TV screen.
2) I would like my camera to shoot video in minimum of 720P (30fps - 60fps).
• Are there particular brands or models you already have in mind?
I like Canon but I don’t mind if it’s from other brand you guys recommend.