Went to Sea World
Okay, now tell us WHAT you took the images with and do not keep us "in the dark."
He did in another post. You were too busy with your shoot you must have missed it. http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48390
Okay ... busy me.
I suspect we will see quite a few new members sporting the new additions to the SONY line up. Frank, you checked out the a580, yet? I think it may be here in January. Might be just the camera to take it up a notch.
Excellent to see some growth on the forum. :D
I did see it and it is not much smaller than the A700. I am going to wait till they get one in the store near me.
Originally Posted by DonSchap
So are they good for a newbie??
Post your EXIF Data
I think I will reserve my opinion until you post EXIF data for your images, because as it stands, there really is nothing I could rationally comment on, without knowing some of that.
I mean, if you are simply posting for image recognition, there is POTD, but if you really want to discuss how to "improve" or "define" image control ... you need settings and situational data.
It's a small addition, but really can help when you need to adjust to improve your shots. Everybody is on the same page. :)
ok, so what ?data? do you want me to post?
Camera Mode (PAS or M)
Tripod or Handheld w or w/o SSS
Here is the EXIF for the Great white heron
EXIF Sub IFD
* Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/250 second ===> 0.004 second
* Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 28/5 ===> ƒ/5.6
* Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
* ISO Speed Ratings = 100
* EXIF Version = 0220
* Original Date/Time = 2010:11:19 15:48:05
* Digitization Date/Time = 2010:11:19 15:48:05
* Components Configuration = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
* Brightness (APEX) = 8/1
Brightness = 256 foot-lambert
* Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/1 ===> 0
* Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 40761/8200 ===> 4.97
Max Aperture = ƒ/5.6
* Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
* Light Source / White Balance = unknown (0)
* Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
* Focal Length = 55/1 mm ===> 55 mm
* User Comment (Hex) = 0x41,0x53,0x43,0x49,0x49,0x00,0x00,0x00
User Comment Character Code = ASCII
User Comment =
* FlashPix Version = 0100
* Colour Space = sRGB (1)
* Image Width = 4592 pixels
* Image Height = 3056 pixels
* Image Source = digital still camera (DSC)
* Scene Type = directly photographed image
* Custom Rendered = normal process (0)
* Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
* White Balance = auto (0)
* Focal Length in 35mm Film = 82
* Scene Capture Type = standard (0)
* Contrast = normal (0)
* Saturation = normal (0)
* Sharpness = normal (0)