A preliminary attempt ...
The model arrived, tonight, and I immediately fired off a couple of images out of the α700 to play with with Photoshop. I have to be careful with how I light it because the entire surface of the craft is a reflective deep titanium color. Any dark areas in the light tent are picked up and reflected in it. Yeah, that means the lens poking through the side of tent.
Originally Posted by DonSchap
Anyway, here is a rough attempt at some PS work.
And here is the preliminary attempt at the "lyrical" poster concept:
The poster, above, is an active YouTUBE link to the theatrical performance of the song.
The "School" gets cooked!
Okay ... how about this idea? The Art School gets itself in the Martian's sights. And slow and surely, they moved their way against us.
Recognize that bony paw? Yep, "Lava for Andrew" (<- click here) ... got some more mileage out of it. :D
Composition redoi to satisfy the faculty critics ...
Well, like anything I've done at this school, someone always has some kind of improvement ... and sometimes I can see the critique and other times ... well, not so much. And sometimes, its plain impossible to get people to do what you may need for the project. Such is the case, here. I need some "fleeing masses" ... to properly complete the composition and I'm just not going to get that from my stock images. Not too many times where I have been:
- on location where everyone's lives were threatened (perhaps the airshow ... but, then again, none of the ones I have attended)
- they were running my way with that look of panic
- ... and had the camera along with me, at such an event, ready to rock!
I figure they cannot take too much off for the friggin' impossible.
EDIT: I had this rather bizarre-looking creature in my son's old toy pile ... looked threatening enough, so here's the crowd ... of hungry "martians"!
Version deuce of "Hell on Earth" Ulla!
Nothing as fancy as Don's edja-macation
The first assignment for my digital camera class is in. Nothing as fancy as Don's projects.
It was a studio shoot with blue backdrop shot digitally and with B&W film. First aspect is a comparison of digital to film which required converting the color digital image into a B&W. Second aspect was a drop-out of the blue screen and merge of the studio shot into another background photo.
The original studio shot.
The B&W conversion.
The drop-out and new background.
Other educational pursuits ...
One of the other classes I was involved in, this quarter, was "Typography", the study and use of type and its historical development.
The final project is how type is used in photography. I decided to develop my own type face by constructing it from real-time parts I had lying around. such as "bowie-knife" font:
The rather brutal aspect of using this font on a "routine" basis is that misspelling something could be a real chore to correct. Someone could get hurt! :eek:
EDIT: This font idea turned out to be a big hit with the class ... and I got an "A" on the FINAL! Hah!