Need help purchasing a Point & Shoot Cam.
Hiya guys...I just need advice on purchasing the best point & shoot digital cam out there for my budget and uses.
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
No More than $350.
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
Compact is fine, but overall it doesn't matter.
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
8 megapixels or higher.
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
10x or higher.
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for?
Mainly outdoor still shots, few action shots. Very rarely indoor.
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
No. There will be some, but not often.
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
Not often and nothing necessary for spectacular imaging.
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
No models just brands like Nikon, Sony, Fuji.
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)
Just image stabilization, weatherproof would be nice but not necessary.