Maxxum user looking at Sony Alphas
I am new to the Sony Digital SLR topics. About 1 year ago I purchased my 1st digital camera - better late than never. It is a Kodak Z712IS (7 MP, 12x zoom) and it has renewed my love for photography.
My Maxxum 7000i has been in hibernation for a couple of years and based on my enjoyment of digital capture and image manipulation, extra rolls of film will probably expire before I expose them.
The Kodak camera has enough limitations that I have started looking at digital SLR's. Since I have the Minolta flash and 2 Minolta "A" lenses (35-105 & 100-300), plus 55mm filters and close up lenses, it would be nice to use them with a digital SLR.
I like the feel, ease of use, specs, and price on the A300. I have some questions for you:
1) Should my Maxxum "A" lenses work well on the Sony A300 and produce quality images?
2) Is this a good time to buy or should I wait until 2009 for a possible price drop?
3) Are the Sony Alpha digital SLR's reliable?
4) Do you think full size sensors will trickle down to less expensive models over the next 1-2 years?
5) Does anyone regret their Alpha purchase?