Apparently CNET thinks it's "SLOW".....what's that supposed to mean? Your using the kit lens or something? Yeah I bet it would be slow.
Sony's been showing off the full-frame Alpha A900 DSLR since February, and after popping up in ads and in the wild last week, it's official today, right on cue. Same basic specs you've known forever: 24.6 Exmor CMOS sensor, dual BIONZ image processors, ISO 6400 sensitivity, 3.0-inch LCD, 5fps shooting, and SteadyShot INSIDE in-body optical image stabilization. Sony's also launching a few new Alpha lenses to complement this beast, including a Carl Zeiss 70-400mm f4-5.6 zoom. Early impressions from CNET are that it's a bit slow to autofocus and didn't wow with image quality, but dpreview was impressed overall, so we'll wait for some in-depth reviews to hit before making a final judgment. You're looking at a $3,000 outlay when this thing goes on sale in October -- check out more pics in the gallery, and a quick video after the break.
Uses the A200-350 Batteries :D, a bit heavy, longer life.
- Model: DSLR-A900
- Camera type: Digital SLR camera with interchangeable lenses
- Lens mount: Sony α mount, compatible with Minolta A-type bayonet mount (without DT le
- Lens Compatibility: Sonyα Lens*1 and Konica Minolta α/MAXXUM/DYNAX Lens*1
- Image Sensor Type: "Exmor" CMOS Image Sensor
- Image Sensor Size: 35.9 X 24.0mm
- Effective Pixel Number: 24,610K pixels
- Anti-Dust: Charge protection coating on Low-Pass Filter and Image Sensor-Shift mechanism
- Recording media: Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO Duo,Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Compact Flash Type I, Type II (Microdrive),UDMA(Mode5) compliant
- Media slot: Memory Stick Duo/Compact Flash Dual slot
- Image format: JPEG,RAW(ARW2.1 Format),RAW+JPEG
- D-RangeOptimizer: off,Standard/ Advanced: Auto/Advanced: Level
- Image stabislisation: On system image Sensor-Shift mechanism
- Noise reduction: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 second, High/Normal/Low/Off, available at the ISO set to 1600 or above
- Auto Focus system: TTL phase-detection system, CCD line sensors, 9 points + 10 assist focus points
- ISO sensivity: ISO 200 - 3200 equivalent, ISO numbers up from ISO100 to ISO6400 can be set as expanded ISO range.
- Flash system: External, Wireless control with HVL-F58AM, ADI flash / Pre-flash TTL metering
- Shutter: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
1/8000 second - 30 seconds speed range, bulb
- Continuous-advance rate: Hi:Approx.5 frames per second at maximum, Lo:Approx.3 frames per second
- LCD Monitor: 7.5 cm(3.0"), TFT Xtra Fine, 921 600(640x3(RGB)x480) dots
- Battery type: InfoLitium NP-FM500H,7.2V
- Battery life: Approx. 88 0 shots(CIPA measurement)
- Dimensions: Approx.156x117x82mm(6 1/8 x 4 5/8 x 3 1/4 inches)
- Weight: Approx. 850g (1 lb 14 oz)