Noob looking to buy a camera!
I'm a total amateur when it comes to cameras... I know how to point and shoot and that's about it! What I'm looking for in a camera is something that can take good pictures at sporting events and get good pics of my kid running around (he never sits still!) without being blurry. I don't have a ton of money to spend so I'm looking for something around the $300-$400 range. I'd also prefer to have a slim camera that could fit in a pocket rather than the bulky ones that would have to be carried around the neck. Any help would be REALLY appreciated!
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
----- Preferably a slim camera that could fit in a pocket
How many megapixels will suffice for you?
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls?
* What will you generally use the camera for?
----- Sporting events (indoor soccer, hockey) / taking pics of our child / Vacation pics (thus a slim camera would be nice)
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
Are there particular brands you like or hate?
---- Like Sony
Are there particular models you already have in mind?
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)