Which Camera shoudl I buy
* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible. $500, btu coudl go a little more if the right camera is available
* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
Compact or Ultra COmpact
How many megapixels will suffice for you? 6-8
* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify) 4, Ultarzoom woudl be nice, but I understand they are larger
* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)
Do you care for manual controls? I'm use to the basis functionaluty that is on the Sony DSC V1, unfortunantly the camera image now shakes
* What will you generally use the camera for? Dog Pictures, I breed and Show Labradors, will be taking pictures of puppies indoors, but also outdoors while attending dog shows. ALso baby pictures which will be indoors
* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? typically 4x6 on my epson printer
Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? about 1/2 indoor 1/2 out door
Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? some movement at dog show, but want a camera with a fast recycle time, so I can take multiple pictures of a dog when they are standing, sometimes they my be 20-30 feet away
Are there particular brands you like or hate? no
Are there particular models you already have in mind? I saw the N30 had good reviews, but was concerned about outdoor shooting ability
(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) Image stabalization maybe
OK I think I'm narrowing it down
I decided that I want an ultra compact.
Fuji F30 vs Cannon SD 700IS seem to be the two I am considering
Response time inbetween pictures is most important to me. More zoom is important but secondary to the quality of the pictures and response time. Will be taking pictures equally indoors and outdoors.
With the Fuji, I assume the ISO performance would also help outdoors in low light, say when it is cloudy. My thought is if the flash is not needed in most situations, the recycle time inbetween takgin pictures woudl be less.
The Cannon SD 700IS, the 4x zoom is a plus.
Which of the two would you recommend? are there any others I should consider? Price is not the issue, just want the better camera.