PDA

View Full Version : Question for D70 owners…..

Imola330i
09-12-2004, 05:18 AM
Hello all,

I’m looking to purchase my first digital SLR and have a few questions. I have narrowed my search down to the Nikon D70 but I am a little hesitant to purchase it due to all of the reported problems with moiré. Every review about the D70 states that moiré is very noticeable probably more so then with other digital SLR’s. Is this the case? Is it a “real” problem in everyday shooting circumstances?

Thanks in advance…..Mark

D70FAN
09-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Hello all,

I’m looking to purchase my first digital SLR and have a few questions. I have narrowed my search down to the Nikon D70 but I am a little hesitant to purchase it due to all of the reported problems with moiré. Every review about the D70 states that moiré is very noticeable probably more so then with other digital SLR’s. Is this the case? Is it a “real” problem in everyday shooting circumstances?

Thanks in advance…..Mark

I always forget that this is still a "problem". I see it once in a great while, but you learn to shoot objects that may present the problem more than once and at different angles. The benefits of the D70, in this case, outweigh the problem.

Don't get me wrong. We would all like to see Nikon find a "fix" to make the D70 a more perfect camera. But we all seem to be able to live with it.

Ant
09-17-2004, 06:47 AM
I've never noticed it. It's something that's only prone to occur under very specific circumstances.

Certainly not worth putting you off this camera for.

BigConig
10-27-2004, 10:22 AM
I've had my D70 for 3 months now and shoot daily (lots of pictures) I have only seen it once, and that was on a building that had an unusual texture/pattern and was shot as part of a skyline and barely noticable unless zoomed to 100%. In my opinion there isn't much to worry about.