PDA

View Full Version : Fz3

propwash
09-11-2004, 06:42 PM
I had the opportunity to see a new FZ3 this afternoon. I was in Circuit City when they just got some in. Only 3 cameras in this shipment, however. The guy didn't know if they would be getting another shipment any time soon or not. Their web site says that they are available at three stores in my local area, so I guess they are out there.

It seemed like a nice camera. The 12x zoom lens with stabilization is really nice. It's also smaller than the F!0/FZ20 , so it should be a little easier to carry around. It is only available, at least so far, in silver, not black (boo!) It really looks very much like the FZ1 except it has 3mpix instead of 2. I think they have also made some changes to the flash and a few other things, but I can't remember what they are.

The clerk said that he was told by his supervisor that they might not be making this model for long. I thought that didn't make much sense, seeing as how they seem to be getting grabbed up quickly. I've gotta make up my mind quickly if I'm going to take the plunge or not. It sure looks like one sweet camera!