PDA

View Full Version : Dx 7590

propwash
09-11-2004, 07:31 PM
I got a quick opportunity for a little hands-on experience with the new DX7590 at a Best Buy yesterday. Unfortunately, I was there because I had to get a part to fix my computer, so I only got to play around with the camera for a couple of minutes. They claim that the EVF has almost twice the pixels as the one on the 6490. I'm not sure if that's true, but I thought the view through the viewfinder was absolutely stunning. The other differences between the 7590 and the 6490 are 5mpix vs. 4, and it has a 32mb internal memory instead of 16 meg. It also comes with the higher capacity 1700 mAh battery instead of the 1050 mAh on the 6490. They also claim that it is easier on the battery than the 6490 is, but I'm not sure if that's due to the higher capacity battery, or if there is something in the internal circuitry that results in lower power consumption. Anyway, it looks like a nice camera. The price there was $499, and it includes the dock. The 6490 is starting to be closed out at around $358 or so, and it does not include the dock.

Cold Snail
09-12-2004, 05:07 AM
One slight mistake.
The 6490 uses the 1700 mAh battery and you can get over 300 shots between charges.

Atindra
09-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Propwash, 6490 also has 1700 mAh battery but you are true about Kodak's claim that 7590 will save more battery. There must be lot of improvement and there are still many scopes for that. Its shutter lag is much less than that of 6490. Video resolution is also higher.

msam
09-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Actually if you own a Dell, you can order DX7590 at Dell for $449. And that is what I did :)

Jeff Keller
09-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Actually if you own a Dell, you can order DX7590 at Dell for $449. And that is what I did :)

Do you have a link for that? I own a Dell and if there's bargains on accessories I want to know about it! :D

msam
09-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Do you have a link for that? I own a Dell and if there's bargains on accessories I want to know about it! :D

Jeff,

I am sorry. But the deal seems to have expired. It was available till yesterday. I have my order details below. I also got free shipping because I was a dell customer already. Currently, it seems as though only the free shipping offer stands. On memory though, I see that they are offering 10% off the listed price.

Link to some offers:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/promos/promocompare?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=3

My experience with Dell has always been that their web-site keeps giving offers very regularly and I am always on the lookout for offers if I plan to buy and once I get a very good offer on their web-site, I call their customer service and most of the time, they give me a better offer than the "very good" offer that I got online. In this case though, this offer was available online and the customer service agent was unable to give me anything better.

Sorry about that.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Date of Purchase: 09/08/2004
Estimated Ship Date: on or before 09/20/2004
You must be available to sign for your shipment when it is received.Although we do not anticipate a delay in your order, we occasionally run into unexpected delays in the manufacturing process.If this should happen, we will notify you and provide a revised estimated ship date.

Billing Information Shipping Information
Payment Method Shipping Method
MASTER CARD LTL 5 DAY OR LE

Order Details
Kodak EasyShare DX7590 Zoom Digital Camera

Sub-Total $449.10
Shipping $0.00
Tax $0.00
Total Price $449.10

All discounts applied to this order are reflected in the subtotal, shipping, and total amounts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

jen55
06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
I just got my DX7590 at Sam's Club for $366 and then used the $50 rebate. I just got my rebate check back quick too. This is my first dig. camera. It has been fairly easy to learn, still learning, but I worry about the clicking noise I hear it make. Can see how I will want to get the wide angle lense asap