PDA

View Full Version : A75 LCD Display Outdoors

brianbach5
09-11-2004, 11:38 AM
After about 20 yrs shooting film cameras I recently purchased an A75 as my first digital camera and am (re)learning the ropes. As I start playing around with it I notice that the LCD is almost useless outdoors unless I am in the shade.

The majority of my shooting is outdoors, landscape type shots and I use a polarizer for most of these. The glare on the LCD makes it hard to know when the polarizer is rotated to the best position.

Has anyone come up with a workaround or trick to overcome this ? Any suggestions would be appreciated. In all other respects I like the camera.

Robert
09-15-2004, 01:38 PM
I've never seen any LCD on any digital camera that was usable in bright sunlight. Some folks claim otherwise. Me thinks they have a vivid imagination.

There are several companies that make LCD light hoods. At the Steve's Digicams website you'll find a ton of information concerning these LCD lens hoods. The prices run anywhere from 20 to 30 US dollars. Some time ago I used one on a Nikon CoolPix 990. It was made from cast aluminum. A tad bulky but it worked very well.