PDA

View Full Version : Picture Editing Program

yonco
09-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Hey,

There is such a huge variety of software to choose from, and that is driving me crazy.
I use Photoshop to resize the pictures, but I'd like a nicely-designed and easy to use program (I'm not a beginner, but an easy to use program is always good) dedicated to the sole purpose of photo album arranging and image enhancement and editing.
So I've heard of Jasc Software's Photo Album 5 and of Adobe's Photoshop Album. These seem good to me. Can anyone recommend one of the two, or maybe another one?
Any help will be appreciated.

pgriffiths
09-11-2004, 06:15 AM
I've been using Adobe Photoshop Album to arrange / sort out my pictures and it's work exactly as advertised. It can do quick photo edits (color, light, sharpness) with simple "one click" and you can do additional adjustments within the each of the edit modes. It also has a "before and after" pre-view to let you see the affects of your "clicking." When you've completed editing, it will offer to save a copy of the file, not over-writing the original (which is good!)

I generally use Photoshops Elements 2 to edit images. I don't do a lot of resizing, other than to make "small copies" for e-mails. To print out specific size photos, I've found Qimage to be an outstanding printing software tool - I just click on the size of print I want and the software does all the calculations.

Hope this helps.

- Paul

yonco
09-11-2004, 07:03 AM
I've been using Adobe Photoshop Album to arrange / sort out my pictures and it's work exactly as advertised. It can do quick photo edits (color, light, sharpness) with simple "one click" and you can do additional adjustments within the each of the edit modes. It also has a "before and after" pre-view to let you see the affects of your "clicking." When you've completed editing, it will offer to save a copy of the file, not over-writing the original (which is good!)

I generally use Photoshops Elements 2 to edit images. I don't do a lot of resizing, other than to make "small copies" for e-mails. To print out specific size photos, I've found Qimage to be an outstanding printing software tool - I just click on the size of print I want and the software does all the calculations.

Hope this helps.

- Paul
Thanks a lot for your reply. You really helped me. I don't resize my pictures normally, I like to keep them as big as they originally are. I only do that when I need to reduce image size (in KBs) in order to send them by email or upload them to the web.
I'll try to check out both Photoshop Album 2 and Photoshop Elements 2.

John_Reed
09-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Thanks a lot for your reply. You really helped me. I don't resize my pictures normally, I like to keep them as big as they originally are. I only do that when I need to reduce image size (in KBs) in order to send them by email or upload them to the web.
I'll try to check out both Photoshop Album 2 and Photoshop Elements 2.You didn't say what kind of computer system you use. I use a Mac, and the program that's part of its $50 "iLife" package is iPhoto4, which does a very good job of keeping my photos in order. I can create albums from it, or just click on a photo or two and e-mail them, either at full or reduced size. If I want to edit a photo in Photoshop, I double-click on it, and it automatically opens up in Photoshop for editing. In a PC mag I was reading last year, in an article discussing photo management, they stated that "If you want the best program for computer photo management, you'll have to buy a Mac, period. It's iPhoto." :)

yonco
09-13-2004, 05:41 AM
You didn't say what kind of computer system you use. I use a Mac, and the program that's part of its $50 "iLife" package is iPhoto4, which does a very good job of keeping my photos in order. I can create albums from it, or just click on a photo or two and e-mail them, either at full or reduced size. If I want to edit a photo in Photoshop, I double-click on it, and it automatically opens up in Photoshop for editing. In a PC mag I was reading last year, in an article discussing photo management, they stated that "If you want the best program for computer photo management, you'll have to buy a Mac, period. It's iPhoto." :)
Yeah, you're right, forgot to mention that detail - I use a PC. And no plans (or money) for buying a Macintosh anytime soon, so that kicks iPhoto out of the list.
Thanks for your answer anyways.