PDA

View Full Version : A75 underexposure

syn
09-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I recently purchased the A75, at first the pictures taken in any mode had balanced exposure and crisp colours. Now the problem I am having is that the picture comes out extremely underexposed (almost black) using the flash in any mode. However, in manual, the pictures come out good with or without the flash.
I tried adjusting the exposure, restoring the camera defaults etc. but the problem remains the same. The camera takes good pictures in the other modes when the flash is off.
I don't know what is wrong, could someone please help me.
Thanks,
Syn

majorcis
09-25-2004, 05:12 AM
My A80 just started having the same problem with the flash in all modes except manual. I've had the camera since March. How did you get your problem solved?

Homer's Brain
09-26-2004, 08:23 PM
If you could put your camera on a tripod or other stable surface, and take a picture in each mode, post them or upload them to a web server so we can look at the EXIF data, that would be helpful. OR take them, and then copy/paste the EXIF data here along with a small image for us to see.

But the short of it is, look at the pictures you are taking in the auto mode and compare them with the ones in manual mode, look at the exif data to see what's different. You can see the EXIF data if you load the CanonViewer utility from the install CD.

felix
12-02-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm having the same problem with my new A75. I just sent it in to Canon for warranty repair. It's definetley not a user problem, I've done some test shots and compared all the exif data. I see a few threads with the same problem - bummer. I was really impressed with the camera and know several people who own it - no problems.
The other problem I started having is that the camera, out of the blue, resets itself to the default settings.