PDA

View Full Version : All of my Pics come out RED!

triktecate
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I really need help with some suggestions. I've got an HP computer and HP all in one printer. model 2410xi I had an Epson 920 before and had the same problem... The pictures come out dark and RED. The pic looks great on the screen and then when I print it it comes out red. I can lighten it and it lightens but it's still red. What am I doing wrong? :eek: Any suggestions??
Thanks

John_Reed
09-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I really need help with some suggestions. I've got an HP computer and HP all in one printer. model 2410xi I had an Epson 920 before and had the same problem... The pictures come out dark and RED. The pic looks great on the screen and then when I print it it comes out red. I can lighten it and it lightens but it's still red. What am I doing wrong? :eek: Any suggestions??
ThanksSounds like a gross mis-match between the printer profile and your computer. What software program are you using for printing, and can you try another program, just to see if the software itself is printing properly or not?

Billiam
09-11-2004, 07:27 AM
A few questions...

Have you tried taking your memory card to a photo finisher and having them make prints from your files? That should tell you if you have a camera problem or a printer/print software problem.

If their prints still come out red, you'll need to look at the camera. What kind of camera are you using? Do you get the same results whether you're shooting in sunlight, indoor lighting or with flash? What white balance setting are you using? If the white balance is set incorrectly that could cause a color cast.

If the commercial prints are OK, you may have inadvertently saved a color correction setting in your print software that's screwing up everything you print.