PDA

View Full Version : D70 body for $749!

D70FAN
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Just found the D70 body for $749 at Ritz!

Add the 18-70 DX kit lens and it's $999 after $100 rebate!

Wow. Time for a second body.

Cold Snail
06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
You sound like my friend from Detroit with his two D70's.
I keep on winding him up about the need for carrying two D70's around, but then he kicks back about me and my N90s (which weighs a lot more), that I always carry around with me.

D70FAN
06-23-2005, 04:13 PM
You sound like my friend from Detroit with his two D70's.
I keep on winding him up about the need for carrying two D70's around, but then he kicks back about me and my N90s (which weighs a lot more), that I always carry around with me.

I know that realistically, sooner or later, I'm going to break the current D70. Recently, it has taken some pretty hard knocks, and having sent it out for repair a couple of months ago, it was painful being without a dSLR for 2 weeks. Fortunately, I only missed a Japan trip (it was raining most of the time). Kudos to Nikon for fast turn around, but it still would have been nice to have a spare. ya just never know.

Hey, maybe I could set one to B&W and one to Color... ;)

Cold Snail
06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I know that realistically, sooner or later, I'm going to break the current D70. Recently, it has taken some pretty hard knocks, and having sent it out for repair a couple of months ago, it was painful being without a dSLR for 2 weeks. Fortunately, I only missed a Japan trip (it was raining most of the time). Kudos to Nikon for fast turn around, but it still would have been nice to have a spare. ya just never know.

Hey, maybe I could set one to B&W and one to Color... ;)

That's where my N90s comes in, if the D70 fails (I've run out of memory before), I'm ready to go with 35mm and all of my lenses will work on it. That's one of the reasons of my selective lens buying, they must work on both.

I also have a Kodak DX7440 in the bag for the snapshots.

This weekend I have vowed to read the instruction manual for the D70, I got as far as page 10 when I bought it.

D70FAN
06-24-2005, 01:57 PM
This weekend I have vowed to read the instruction manual for the D70, I got as far as page 10 when I bought it.

I've been trying to get to the SB800 manual for about 2 months myself. It seems to take great flash shots in spite of my ignorance.

Warin
06-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I've been trying to get to the SB800 manual for about 2 months myself. It seems to take great flash shots in spite of my ignorance.

The only thing that I've used the SB 800 manual for is to figure out how to pop it into commander mode fore wireless use with the D70. It's a great speedlight, and works great on both my F80 (though I use an SC 29 for off camera flash) and my D70.

I carry my D70, F80 with MB16, 50mm, 85mm, 300mm, 18-70mm DX lens, SB 800 and various chargers, film, etc with me on the average trip. It's a nightmare. You should see it when I add a Medium format and large format camera in another bag! :D Sometimes I wonder if I am insane...

D70FAN
06-26-2005, 04:54 PM
The only thing that I've used the SB 800 manual for is to figure out how to pop it into commander mode fore wireless use with the D70. It's a great speedlight, and works great on both my F80 (though I use an SC 29 for off camera flash) and my D70.

I carry my D70, F80 with MB16, 50mm, 85mm, 300mm, 18-70mm DX lens, SB 800 and various chargers, film, etc with me on the average trip. It's a nightmare. You should see it when I add a Medium format and large format camera in another bag! :D

Sometimes I wonder if I am insane...

Yes, but in a good way. I keep putting off the Pentax 645 for just those reasons. ;)