PDA

View Full Version : Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses

d.a.l
06-21-2005, 05:59 AM
I have heard that the ist DS will accept Tamoron lenses with the Adaptall 2 mount. Has anyone tried this because two very good Tamron lenses I would like to get a DSLR for.
Thanks, Don

jeisner
06-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes if you have the Pentax K adaptall mount then they will work with the DS, the DS accepts all Pentax K mount lenses, it is not a crippled mount like the MZ50 + 60 had...

Elsie
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I can tell you that all of the K-series Pentax DSLRs will accept your Tamron k-mount lense. There are a couple of menu options you have to change and shoot in manual. I found the trick of holding the shutter key half-way so that the focus indicator lights up when you hit sharp focus is helpful since the shutter doesn't release if the camera doesn't register focus but I think you can change that setting also, I just haven't double checked that. I did find that a Vivitar 70 - 210 wouldn't mount because the "tab" next to the bayonet was too long. There have been a few instances where off-the-wall brands of lenses were mounted, never to be removed so beware of that possiblity. Also of note, when you mount a traditional film lense on a digital camera there is a 1.5 magnification factor which is great for zoom lenghts but kills a wide-angle. I am currently using a Pentax K100 with a Tamron adaptall2 70 - 210 lense.