PDA

View Full Version : Canon A80 problem?

jaciceri
09-08-2004, 08:39 PM
I have a canon powershot A80.When I direct the camera to any source of light I see on the LCD a beam of ligth that sems to born in that light up and down.This beam is blue with tungsten lights.This phenomenom occurs only on the LCD,when I shoot to the lights the beam is not visible at the photography.Can you tell me if this is normal in the A80?.Thanks for all.

Jeff Keller
09-08-2004, 08:43 PM
I have a canon powershot A80.When I direct the camera to any source of light I see on the LCD a beam of ligth that sems to born in that light up and down.This beam is blue with tungsten lights.This phenomenom occurs only on the LCD,when I shoot to the lights the beam is not visible at the photography.Can you tell me if this is normal in the A80?.Thanks for all.

I believe this is normal.

noujwas
09-09-2004, 07:47 AM
I can assure you that this 100% normal. I had the same worry like you when I first noticed that. But after my research on the Web and after I carefully checked the manual, I found out that this is something normal that happens only when you point the camera to a strong light.

I suggest that you check the troubleshooting section in the user guide. They mention the Purple Vertical Bars.
Btw, those vertical bars will appear on the Video but not on the pictures.

Noujwas