PDA

View Full Version : Olympus C770 Battery Life

geminfo
06-16-2005, 06:48 PM
I recently replaced my C750 which was stolen with the new C770. This is also a great camera except for the shocking battery life. As an underwater photographer I cannot easily change to another batetry when 30 metres down!

I recently discovered a solution to the problem while on holiday! I accidently left the factory supplied charger behind. Not to be beaten I rigged up a 6Volt Lantern battery (+ to +) and (- to -) to the small LiMH battery with clothes pegs for 4 hours and discovered I was getting 90 + shots at VHQ setting out of my battery - even when using the flash! I think Olympus needs to rethink the design completely with the new charger - it must be switching off too early?? What was wrong with the perfectly good AA rechargeable battery system? This was excellent for taking a lot of flash shots!

JB - Geminfo

tonay
06-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello

I have the 765 (very similiar) and have had no problem w/ my battery life. I use the camera always w/ flash @ super high resolution and get a full memory card (256 so 80+ pics) no worries. Plus I view pics, use the camera to download to the computer when not at home etc...

You may have a bad battery

geminfo
06-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Thanks Tonay

Looks like the charger is at fault. My local dealer has told me that he has had to replace a number of the charger units.

Regards
Geminfo