PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic FZ20 in Canada?

Wintermancer
09-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy either the Panasonic DMC-FZ20 either retail (Edmonton) or online within Canada. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

mistatofa
09-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey there - yep, I'm looking for the FZ20 in Canada as well. I started by emailing panasonic.ca and they were absolutely clueless! FotoFun in New Westminster (BC) had heard of it, and said to expect it in late October but they didn't have pricing yet... their page is http://www.fotofun.net which doesn't look like they have Panasonics but they do; there's an FZ10 in their shop.

roge
09-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm in Canada and here's what I found. I don't know if they are reliable or not though.

http://www.parsonsfoto.com/panasonic_digital_cameras.html

www.vistek.ca

The cheapest I found is on ebay.ca. A Canadian dealer is selling it for $799.99 CAN. Do a search for the fz20 located in Canada and a seller with the name of Prodigital2000 is taking pre-order for the camera. Again i don't know if he is reliable or not.

Maybe we can do a group buy from somewhere on ebay?

DJB-30
09-26-2004, 12:33 PM
The FZ20 will be available in Canada very soon. The black model is shipping to dealers now and the silver model will be out in a week or so.

Wintermancer
09-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

Doing a bit of digging, A & B Sound should be carrying it (they were stocking the FZ10, which my co-worker recently purchased.) Radio Shack shows it in their catalogue, but it is anyone's guess if they will be stocked retail.

Cheers.

BC_Grl
10-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Hello, I went to www.panasonic.ca clicked on Customer Service, then Dealer Locator, entered my city & province and it gave me a list of names to call. Unfortunately, all but one I called for my city, Victoria, actually sold the camera (they sold other panasonic items). A&B Sound in Victoria can order it in. They have in stock the FZ10 so I can look at it...
Hope this helps...

Greg Anthony
10-03-2004, 11:03 AM
London Drugs in Edmonton (South Common) can get the FZ20. It will be a special order item only and the price is $899.99. The salesman wasn't sure if they could actually order it yet or not as he said thay would need to phone Panasonic to find out.

Greg

spuds
10-03-2004, 02:06 PM
I went to Saneal Cameras yesterday (in Calgary) and they just got the FZ20's in stock on Friday (Oct 1st) - both silver and black. Will probably be buying one this week.

Mort
10-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Henry's has several stores in Southern Ontario and has the FZ3 for $649.99 and the FZ20 in silver and black for $899.99.
You can find Henry's online here:http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/stores/henrys/index.jsp

This is a very reliable store to the best of my knowledge.

JR2004
10-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Hi. Does anyone know why Canadian prices for the FZ20 are so much higher than in the U.S. Panasonic states the Cdn M.S.R.P. at $1000 Cdn. or roughly $800 US at today's rate. The U.S. M.S.R.P. is stated at just $599.99 US. Actual retail prices reflect this huge difference. I'd rather buy locally but unless the Cdn prices come down I won't be.
I've sent a query in to Panasonic on this but have not yet had an answer.

kgouldsk
10-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi. Does anyone know why Canadian prices for the FZ20 are so much higher than in the U.S. Panasonic states the Cdn M.S.R.P. at $1000 Cdn. or roughly $800 US at today's rate. The U.S. M.S.R.P. is stated at just $599.99 US. Actual retail prices reflect this huge difference. I'd rather buy locally but unless the Cdn prices come down I won't be.
I've sent a query in to Panasonic on this but have not yet had an answer.

Ditto on that. I can get one in from the US for about $725, after paying Exchange, duty at 12%, GST and PST. I shouldn't have to pay $900 from a Canadian retailer. I'd rather buy here, but it doesn't seem likely.