PDA

View Full Version : F10 auto ISO???

camerafreak707
06-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey all you F10 owners, what's all this I hear about the F10 preforming bad on auto with noise when it cranks up the ISO. Many people say that only the manuel ISO control make sthe pics look good, but isn't the F10 suppose t obe p&S. someone plears correct me because this camera is the one I'll probably get if it does preform well on auto at high ISO.

wildcorgis
06-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I have only taken a couple dozen or so pics so far. I've used the auto very little. The times that I did use it the pics look pretty good. I am going to post more comments on the other f10 thread. The issue about manual iso is that pic looks best when shot around iso 80 or 100 (with adequate light). Most of the photos shown in any of the reviewers' galleries are iso 100 and below. You don't want the camera pushing the iso up in order to take a faster pic, which it will do. Just like sometimes you don't want to flash, so you crank up the iso and turn flash off.

To tell you the truth, I think the f10 takes awesome pics but sometimes you have to work at it. If you just want to p&s and get good photos most of the time, I would get the Canon sdxxx models. I still sometimes shoot in a hurry and forget to turn flash on or move iso up as to not get blurry pics. Having 6MP is very nice especially when its cost is between sd300(4MP) and sd400(5MP).

Steve

nemets
06-15-2005, 11:58 PM
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Fujifilm-FinePix-F10-Digital-Camera-Review-.htm

Good in-depth review. Scroll down to
Noise Auto ISO
Noise Manual ISO to find answer to your question
Take care!

speaklightly
06-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Personally I have found no problems with noise at high ISO numbers with the Fuji F-10. Yes I do use the F-10 in the Manual Mode, but I am able to obtain photos just as good in the auto mode as well.

Here is a raw image example (just as it came from the camera) taken at ISO 1600.

Sarah Joyce

TheObiJuan
06-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey Sarah, nice picture, but at such a reduced size and viewed online it is difficult to discern any details. Would you be able to post a 100% crop, perhaps 800x800 pixels.

sjseto
06-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Camerafreak and TheObiJuan, you're welcome to look at my F10 ISO test photos (http://www.pbase.com/sjseto/iso_test_shots_low_artifical_light).

I don't notice a difference in noise between the photo taken when I manually set the ISO to 800, and the photo taken on auto ISO where the camera selected ISO 800 on its own. But that's just me. Maybe you'll notice something I don't.