PDA

View Full Version : Where to get your camera lens cleaned?

iKwak
09-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Hello, there is a fingerprint right on the center of the digital camera lens.
I don't whether to take the camera to a dealer (Ritz Camera stores) or buy one of those cleaning kit you find in Office Depot and Staples. The camera is a Canon Powershot S50.

Suggestions?

John_Reed
09-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Hello, there is a fingerprint right on the center of the digital camera lens.
I don't whether to take the camera to a dealer (Ritz Camera stores) or buy one of those cleaning kit you find in Office Depot and Staples. The camera is a Canon Powershot S50.

Suggestions?Just don't spray or pour any liquid directly on the lens. First dampen a soft cloth with cleaning liquid, gently rub the spot with the damp cloth, and then gently wipe the lens surface with a fresh, clean soft cloth.

Rhys
09-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Just don't spray or pour any liquid directly on the lens. First dampen a soft cloth with cleaning liquid, gently rub the spot with the damp cloth, and then gently wipe the lens surface with a fresh, clean soft cloth.

Quite often just breathing on the lens and wiping it gently with the cloth often given away with a pair of spectacles is good enough.

When I was using 35mm SLRs, everybody in the press pack (including myself) just breathed on the lens and wiped it with their shirt or a handkerchief.

NeoteriX
09-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Quite often just breathing on the lens and wiping it gently with the cloth often given away with a pair of spectacles is good enough.

When I was using 35mm SLRs, everybody in the press pack (including myself) just breathed on the lens and wiped it with their shirt or a handkerchief.

:) Not that I doubt your experience, but that seems so wrong. :)

sredd68
09-14-2004, 12:23 PM
The Breathe and Wipe methods works just fine. Kodak suggests that method as a way to clean the lens in it's owner's manuals. Just be gentle and use a soft shirt or cloth. The cleaning kit solutions aren't some special secret formula. I only use them when the Breathe and Wipe method doesn't do the job. The solutions smell like rubbing alcohol...GO FIGURE :rolleyes: