PDA

View Full Version : Using existing Tamrom lens with D70

craig
06-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I am a keen, but definitely amateur, photographer that is thinking seriously about buying a D70, but at the moment, my budget only extends to the body itself, and I was hoping to reuse my existing lens.

I am having trouble with the alphabet soup of acronyms... could someone please tell me if my Tamron AF Aspherical LD 28-200mm 3.8-5.6 lens will work with the D70? My searching on the web seems to indicate that it wil be OK, but I thought I would check with the experts. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

--
Craig

D70FAN
06-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I am a keen, but definitely amateur, photographer that is thinking seriously about buying a D70, but at the moment, my budget only extends to the body itself, and I was hoping to reuse my existing lens.

I am having trouble with the alphabet soup of acronyms... could someone please tell me if my Tamron AF Aspherical LD 28-200mm 3.8-5.6 lens will work with the D70? My searching on the web seems to indicate that it wil be OK, but I thought I would check with the experts. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

--
Craig

As long as it is a Nikon mount and it says AF it will work just fine. Just keep in mind that it becomes the equivalent of a 42mm-300mm f3.8-5.6 now due to the 1.5x crop factor. This is true with any SLR type lens.

Still a livable range.

craig
06-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks George. It is currently sitting on my Nikon F50, so looks like there should be no probs. Thanks for your feedback.

--
Craig

D70FAN
06-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks George. It is currently sitting on my Nikon F50, so looks like there should be no probs. Thanks for your feedback.

--
Craig

Welcome (almost) to the wonderful world of dSLR's. You're gonna love it.