PDA

View Full Version : blur

dawaters
06-06-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm new to using digital cameras. I tried the Konica Minolta Z3 and I snapped about 150 shots . I have 3 that came out very blurry, is there any way I can fix the photo after it's been taken ? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks

Sigbhu
06-06-2005, 10:17 AM
it's very difficult to fix blur on photos. when you use the word blur, you refer to two possible errors: camera/ subject movement, and focus erros. with your z3 focus errors may not exist, though watch for it past 380mm. ditto, past lest say, 240mm, very slight shake can cause blur. use shutter speeds the inverse of your focal length, and you'll be fine (1/320th for 320mm)

John_Reed
06-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm new to using digital cameras. I tried the Konica Minolta Z3 and I snapped about 150 shots . I have 3 that came out very blurry, is there any way I can fix the photo after it's been taken ? Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks3 blurry out of 150 shots is a good record! You must be doing something right. The "rule of thumb" quoted by Sigbhu, i.e., no slower shutter speed than 1/focal length, applies to zoom cameras without image stabilization. You've got that, so should be able to knock a couple of f-stops at least off the lower shutter speed limit before you need a tripod. To fix blurry photos, as long as the blur isn't too drastic, I've used a product (actually, it's a Photoshop plugin) called "Focus Magic," and you can find out more about it at http://www.focusmagic.com.