PDA

View Full Version : The difference between the verve and the 410?

sdeering312
06-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi, im new here and am new to the camera world. I recently got an olympus Stylus 410 for christmas and loved it. It fulfilled exactly the needs that i wanted. Unfortunately somebody else also loved it and stole it. Im now in the market for a new olympus and im going back and forth between replacing my old camera with the same 410 or buying the stylus verve. I don't have much knowledge about cameras so on paper these two seem about the same (Obviously the verve is smaller but concerning the actual photos it seems very similar). If anyone could tell me if its better or worse it would be much appreciated!

-Steve

nellybly
06-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Make sure that you can do without a viewfinder, and just use the LCD to compose your shots before you buy the Verve, It is a good camera, but I would never buy a camera that does not have a viewfinder. Might as well use a camera cell phone...
Sorry to hear that your 410 was stolen, and good luck with whatever you decide to replace it with,
NB

Warin
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM
The Verve is much smaller, but you lose:

Optical VF
3x Optical Zoom

The verve is 2x zoom.

Personally, I dont find the lack of an optical viewfinder to be much of a loss in this particular category of camera. The LCD is brilliant on the Verve, and you get the full frame, unlike the optical vf on the 410 which crops a lot of the picture.