PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Resolution?

plockwoo
06-05-2005, 09:16 AM
I have a Canon A95, which is 5.1 Megapixels. If I want the best quality prints should I have the camera on Superfine and then save them as excellent quality on my computer? Is it overkill and a waste of space on my hard drive?

Thanks,
Paul

Geoff Chandler
06-05-2005, 11:30 AM
I depends how large you are going to print - and if you intend to crop the pics - I personally find the middle quality on my camera when at 5mp is sufficient for most of the time - you could always step it up for that special shot I guess - some would say put it on top quality all the time.

aparmley
06-05-2005, 11:54 AM
I set my cameras picture quality on high, why not, Today you can purchase harddrives that cost you less than a 1$ per GB of storage. Plus when that "Special" event comes along are you going to remember to increase the quailty, or more importantly are you going to have enough time to navigate through the menu system to up the pic quality before that special moment comes and goes and now your stuck without a picture of it. You paid for the highest quality setting in your camera, why not use it!