PDA

View Full Version : EX-Z750 sat/contrast adjustments

vasu
06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Is it possible to change the setting and contrast more permanently? For example, say i'm doing a whole day of outdoor shooting and set the saturation and contrast the way I like it (leaving everything else auto i guess), when I turn the camera off (to conserve battery) and then back on, will i need to go through and change these settings again?

I know there are 999 presets you can make ... is it possible to make a preset that's just like the normal auto mode, except -1sat -1sharpness -1con, everything else auto?

Basically can I make a preset that's just like the normal turn on, point and shoot auto mode, but with the saturation, sharpness, and contrast altered ever so slightly? Or do I need to specifiy non-auto settings for each of the variables in a preset mode?

-vasu

trikster2
06-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Is it possible to change the setting and contrast more permanently? For example, say i'm doing a whole day of outdoor shooting and set the saturation and contrast the way I like it (leaving everything else auto i guess), when I turn the camera off (to conserve battery) and then back on, will i need to go through and change these settings again?

I know there are 999 presets you can make ... is it possible to make a preset that's just like the normal auto mode, except -1sat -1sharpness -1con, everything else auto?

Basically can I make a preset that's just like the normal turn on, point and shoot auto mode, but with the saturation, sharpness, and contrast altered ever so slightly? Or do I need to specifiy non-auto settings for each of the variables in a preset mode?

-vasu

Too lazy to get up off the couch and get the camera but if I remember correctly you can set your own bestshot/scene mode with whatever settings you like. Even put your own picture the description so you will know it is yours.

For myself everything on full auto looks great. But my first two camera's where Kodaks.......

LD500
06-05-2005, 06:57 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Z750 will remember the contrast, saturation, & sharpness adjustments even after power down. You can lower saturation to -1 and it will stay at that setting.

However, I believe if you use a BestShot Scene then it will use the preset setting. For example, if the Portrait Bestshot scene was set to Saturation +1 at the factory then that is what will be recalled.
It will not adjust the saturation to -1 (as you set in the default) or to 0.
Myself, it MIGHT be nice if the Casio could set it to 0 (+1 factory setup, adjusted by -1 for my own preference = 0 final setting). To me the default saturation is just far too high.

Once I get my replacement Z750 (1st one had defective lens), I will probably setup a few custom Bestshot scenes with the saturation adjusted accordingly.