PDA

View Full Version : DX6490 and conversion lenses?

Am_
09-06-2004, 01:37 PM
According to this:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=513
it doesn't support them?.. in the review it also says that the lens is not threaded, but I'm pretty sure I can see that it's threaded from the picture..
Am I losing my mind?

Oh yes, and if it does support extra lenses..could someone give me a short 101 on what I have to do to put another one on there? I've heard of adaption kits that I need to get, but have no idea what one is. Once I get one of those kits, can I find almost any lens to put on there? (I haven't seen any fisheyes specifically for the camera, but really want/need to get one.)

Cold Snail
09-06-2004, 02:49 PM
You will need the Kodak adapter, then you can add 55mm threaded lenses to the camera.

I posted a thread a few days ago about more zoom, which you can find titled More zoom for a DX6490/DX7590.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Jeff Keller
09-06-2004, 04:36 PM
According to this:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=513
it doesn't support them?.. in the review it also says that the lens is not threaded, but I'm pretty sure I can see that it's threaded from the picture..
Am I losing my mind?

Oh yes, and if it does support extra lenses..could someone give me a short 101 on what I have to do to put another one on there? I've heard of adaption kits that I need to get, but have no idea what one is. Once I get one of those kits, can I find almost any lens to put on there? (I haven't seen any fisheyes specifically for the camera, but really want/need to get one.)

Cold Snail's reply is correct. Back when I wrote the DX6490 review there were not conversion lenses available. Now you can add a wide-angle lens and filters. Maybe a third party telephoto as well.

Atindra
09-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Check in the Kodak site, the lens adapters for DX 6490 is available now and to the 55 mm adapter you can fit any standard lens what you want. On ebay sometimes you get a full kit with adapters and lenses but not sure of quality and sometimes you endup with mismatch so beware.