PDA

View Full Version : Filters and external flash wanted for DX7590

jen55
06-03-2005, 06:59 AM
I would like to know if any one could suggest a UV Filter, Polarizing Filter, and Flourescent Filter for the DX7590. Also looking for an external flash that works well with this model. I was planning on ordering the lense addapter and Telephota lens from their web site, but don't see these other things.Thanks

rabies
06-18-2005, 08:56 AM
i'm currently using cokin for my circular polarizer. because, the dx7590 is purely auto-focus, make sure to buy a circular not a linear polarizer. i also use cokin for my +3 close-up lens filter while for my +2 is a hansa lens filter. for my UV and skylight i use vivitar, and marumi for my neutral density no.2 lens filter (there plenty of old stocks 55mm filters here in manila).

as for the external flash, i'm using a 'regulated' vivitar 2800. there are issues about using non-dedicated external flash on digital cameras, which could be damaged by high 'flash trigger voltage' (google it and you'll find out more). although kodak has assured me that the dx7590 can handle up to 500volts, it is safer to use a $50. flash 'trigger voltage regulator' (my vivitar has a trigger voltage of 40volts).

hope that helps from an amatuer photographer who uses a dx7590 ;)

jen55
06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks for responding. Since you have this camera, let me ask you a question. Does it make noises that you can hear. I esp hear it clicking away when I use it in certain preset modes outside in bright light. I hear it making some sort of sound all of the time. Is this normal? :confused:

rabies
06-26-2005, 08:20 AM
yes, it does make some noise, especially when the 'continuous auto-focus' is 'on'. try turning this 'off' on the menu and choose 'single-af' instead- saves battery life too.

kak481
12-31-2006, 09:12 PM
I too need an external flash for my Kodak DX7590. I love this camera but I am not happy with the darkness of the pictures when I am taking a picture from a distance in a building or with dim lighting.
Now I have read all the responses about external flash but I need a little more info.
How does this flash attach to the camera?
Is there a cord to buy and is this cord sold separately from the flash and bracket(if that is what you need to get to attach the flash to the camera)?
Can you direct me to a good website or store location to purchase the equipment I need to make this a better camera.
What is a good brand to get?
I guess I just don't understand how this whole external flash thing is suppose to work. I am just a mom that wants to get good pictures of her children and all that they are participating in. I can never take pictures at Friday night football games late in the fall because they turn out black.
Can someone help?
Thanks
kak481

sw2cam
01-01-2007, 02:47 PM
External Flash:

I've been using the Quantaray QBSZ-370 from Wolf/Ritz camera for a few years. It's held up well and does the job

Neutral Density Filter:

I've been using the B+W 8773376 from KODAK

Circular Polarizer Filter:

I've been using the B+W 1072636 from KODAK

UV HAZE Filer:

I've been using the Quantaray from Wolf/Ritz camera

CROSS 6x Filter:

This is also from Quantaray from Wolf/Ritz camera