PDA

View Full Version : D70 drive problem

djcalle
06-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Hello all,
I have a drive problem with my d70, when set on burst and Raw, it works fast for 3 frames, until the buffer is filled up...but in any other mode, the burst is a lot slower. my firmware is updated, i took the camera back to the store, but any repair will last at least 6 weeks, and i cannot afford to put my camera away for one month or two during summer time!

Anyone got a magic solution?

Thx.

D70FAN
06-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Hello all,
I have a drive problem with my d70, when set on burst and Raw, it works fast for 3 frames, until the buffer is filled up...but in any other mode, the burst is a lot slower. my firmware is updated, i took the camera back to the store, but any repair will last at least 6 weeks, and i cannot afford to put my camera away for one month or two during summer time!

Anyone got a magic solution?

Thx.

I'm not sure at which store you bought the camera, but if it was recent then the store should make good and replace the camera. I'm assuming that the store folks agree that there is something wrong with the camera.

A few questions: Did the camera work ok before the firmware update? How long have you had the camera? What are the other settings?

For future reference Nikon repair can turn the camera in about 2 weeks including transit time. Just make sure you follow their instructions on how to return the camera for repair.

thesween
06-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Nikon Repair has told me several times that their turnaround time is under seven working days, so two weeks would be the likely time end-to-end. Don't know what store you bought from, but I did have an experience a few years back with one national chain that was less than pleasant. Seems this chain has its own Nikon-Authorized repair facility. Not only was the turnaround lengthy, they wanted to charge me for a repair that was clearly caused by a faulty Nikon accessory. Luckily, the local store manager saw I was right and just gave me another body.

D70FAN
06-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Nikon Repair has told me several times that their turnaround time is under seven working days, so two weeks would be the likely time end-to-end. Don't know what store you bought from, but I did have an experience a few years back with one national chain that was less than pleasant. Seems this chain has its own Nikon-Authorized repair facility. Not only was the turnaround lengthy, they wanted to charge me for a repair that was clearly caused by a faulty Nikon accessory. Luckily, the local store manager saw I was right and just gave me another body.

7 working days is 10 real days, plus 2 days transit (Priority Mail) each way. It took exactly 14 days when I had mine repaired a couple of months ago.

Darn good service.