PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

mindrules
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
I recently went to a professional photographer becos passport size photos were needed. The subject sat on a stool in the center of two umbrellas off of which light was reflected onto the subject area. My understanding is that this type of reflected light helps in a better picture by eliminating shadows....etc.?.

1. What does this type of lighting arrangement help?
2. How can an amateur digital rebel owner set up this type of lighting at home without emptying the bank account?

Thanks.

Note to Jamison: You had recommended a flash for a digital rebel a few months back. I think its name started with S. If you read this, please provide that name again.

Warin
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Interfit lighting has several kits that are reasonably priced. Check with a local camera shop for prices. There is a dual 1300w Tungsten kit with stands and umbrella reclectors for ~600 canadian that I have been looking at.

On the cheaper side, buy a couple of reflectors, and the Halogen "work lights" that can be found at most hardware stores. they are usually dual halogen heads on a cheap stand. You can rig a reflector to these fairly easily. Doesnt look "professional", but will likely be 1/3 the cost.