PDA

View Full Version : Panorama Software

Spadhunter
05-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Hello guys

I have just make some very large panos of downtown Toledo, Ohio from about 70 feet up. They are about 8,000 x 1,300 pixels each (2 panos), using ArcSoft Panorama Maker 3.0. I used the Horizontal setting to make one with the horizon and one looking lower toward the ground below me. I tried to then put the two together in the Vertical setting, but the program informs me my images must be between 1:2 and 2:1 (not 5:1 like my two panos are). Is there any other way, or any other reasonably priced software I can use to do this?

I also have:

Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1
Adobe Image Ready 7.0.1
Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 Pro
- But couldn't find anything relevant in these programs' Help files.

Thanks for any help.
Alex T.

emalvick
06-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Considering that you have only two layers, perhaps you should construct a series of 2 pic panoramas vertically first. Then attach those into 1 horizontal panorama. With only two vertical you should be within the 1:2, 2:1 limitation.

If not, perhaps try making a tile type panorama using 4 pics at a time or even 6 and then linking them together in a horizontal panorama. I've had to experiment, but I've gotten different combos to work all using the Arcsoft program.

The only time I had real problems, I used photoshop and made each photo a layer and moved them until they matched. It was a LOT more work, but I did get what I wanted.

Erik

John_Reed
06-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Hello guys

I have just make some very large panos of downtown Toledo, Ohio from about 70 feet up. They are about 8,000 x 1,300 pixels each (2 panos), using ArcSoft Panorama Maker 3.0. I used the Horizontal setting to make one with the horizon and one looking lower toward the ground below me. I tried to then put the two together in the Vertical setting, but the program informs me my images must be between 1:2 and 2:1 (not 5:1 like my two panos are). Is there any other way, or any other reasonably priced software I can use to do this?

I also have:

Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1
Adobe Image Ready 7.0.1
Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 Pro
- But couldn't find anything relevant in these programs' Help files.

Thanks for any help.
Alex T.Panorama Maker lets you tile to begin with, so you can let it join all your panels at once. Just select the "Tile" option after the "Start" screen, and place your original images in the correct relative positions for tiling. It could be kind of tricky, making everything fit seamlessly, but the tool at least lets you try it, and I have seen some folks getting good results using it.

Spadhunter
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Somebody in the DPReview forum said to use Autostitch so I downloaded the Demo and sucessfully made the pano like I was trying to. However it was set to 14% output size by default so I went back and changed it to 100%. This output should result in roughly 36 times more pixels in the end photo.

I started this larger panorama about 1 hour and a half ago, and it is just starting to "Blend block 4 of 10"! I am using 38 3.2 MP images though, and this isn't the world's fastest computer. Can't wait to see what I end up with in a couple of hours. Thanks for the help.

When I get my panorama done, how do I post it on here to see what you guys think?

Thanks

Alex T.