PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Choosing, ANy advice is Appreciated

huntjump
07-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi i'll get right to the point.
I am going off to college soon, and i am looking for a digital camera that provides me with mobility, quality (pictures) and durability (but nothing like a tank, just solidly built).

I would greatly appreciate all advice on which camera you would recommend.
I Am looking to spend at max, $350 (including tax and everything ,but not mem. card)
These are the cameras i am considering, but not stuck on:

Pentax Optio S4 or S4i
Casio Exilim EX-Z4

Cannon S410 or s400 (if its better value)
Nikon 4200 or 4100 (not sure what the difference is)

Although I would like a camera that is really slim and small with great picture quality, I am mostly looking for a camera i can put in my pocket to take picutres of friends, occasional sceneary and maybe some ebay stuff. Also, battery life issues, I am not completely positive but i heard the Pentax battery is below average. If you know anything about this issue that would also be awesome.

THANKS !

D70FAN
07-07-2004, 06:44 AM
You might want to consider the Canon A75 in your list. While not quite as small as the ultra mini's it is a great knock-around camera and at under $300 meets your cost criteria.

Nick
07-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I also suggest the A75/A80. It's been mentioned, suggested, and discussed in a few threads now - do a search and see. It is very well built, delivers excellent photo quality and a wide array of modes and full manual controls, if needed, and is under / at $300 ( A75 ) .