PDA

View Full Version : Pentax *ist DS SD card problems

Dcamp36
05-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I have run into my first memory card problem with the *ist DS and am hoping someone can help me.
When I try to load the images that I shot last night onto my compter the DCIM folder has a little lock on it and when I look in it there are no photos. I know that there are images on the card though b/c 1) I saw them on the camera before I put them in the computer and 2) there is only 62.5 mb left on the card.
When I try again to look at the card in the camera I get a blank screen and "NO IMAGE" on the screen, yet it tells me that the card is full. This is the first job that I have done for a new client and really need these pics. Does anyone know of anything that I'm doing wrong or some way to recover these images? Thanks-
- Dan.

WightWalker
05-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Make sure the write protect tab hasn't been pushed down - this might account for it although I thought it was only there to prevent accidentally deleting images.

Dcamp36
05-29-2005, 08:22 AM
It isn't the write protection tab, although I wish it was. That would make this whole situation a lot easier to remidy. Any other suggestions?

WightWalker
05-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Do you have another SD Card. Try that in a card reader to make sure that it's not a problem with either the SD Card or the Card Reader. Then try downloading direct from the camera.

I guess that you have to determine whether that SD Card's faulty, the Card Reader is faulty or has the *istDS corrupted the SD Card.

Dcamp36
05-29-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a total of three cards, two that I used on this assingnment. Of them I managed to get one to work, the other doesn't, and the third is giving me the same problems but I didn't use it for this shoot. I hadn't thought about downloading from the camera though, I'll give it a try. Like I stated earlier, I know that there are pictures on there b/c there is only a small amount of memory left on the card, plus the fact that that night I viewed the images on the camera at one point.

Rhys
05-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I have a total of three cards, two that I used on this assingnment. Of them I managed to get one to work, the other doesn't, and the third is giving me the same problems but I didn't use it for this shoot. I hadn't thought about downloading from the camera though, I'll give it a try. Like I stated earlier, I know that there are pictures on there b/c there is only a small amount of memory left on the card, plus the fact that that night I viewed the images on the camera at one point.

Have you tried uninstalling the USB drivers on your windows PC and then letting the PC re-locate them?

WightWalker
05-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Following on from the previous coment, try reading the SD Card on a different PC. If it's the drivers, then this would also confirm it.