PDA

View Full Version : Defective D70? Need Help...

Tom70
05-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi. I am very new to the world of DSLR's and have owned my D70 for about 1 week now. My previous camera was a Nikon 995. I have been happy with it except for something I noticed the other day and I was hoping for input from this forum. Attached are two pictures that are cropped and shows the lower left portion of two pictures. Both pictures have a dark cloud in the lower left portion of the picture. Both pics were taken in automode. Is this a defective camera/lens issue? I have only taken about 70 pics so far and these are the only pics with the issue. I just upgraded the firmware to 2.0 in the hopes that its possibly related. Any ideas guys?

Camera: Nikon D70 with 18-70 Lens
Firmware 2.0

Regards,

Tom

Warin
05-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Are these flash photos? At the wide range of the lens? Are you using the supplied lens hood?

It can cause vignetting at the widest angles with the flash.

If not, I would suggest taking it in to the shop where it was purchased and having it checked out ASAP

hatal
05-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Tom-do you see these shadows without using the flash? If you do, it MYBE a camera issue.
However, my impression is that something is creating a shadow (lens hood or flash not popped up all the way, ie, something blocking the flash)

Tom70
05-28-2005, 02:07 PM
The shots were taken with a flash and I wasn't using the hood. I believe I was at the wide angle of the lens. I have used the camera today with and without the flash for about 50 pics. I will download them later to see if the pattern persists. I hope I didnt get a lemon.

Regards,

Tom